autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Business picked up and need some solutions.

So business magically went from nothing for a month to three cars booked in an hour, with more on the way.

I am nearing the end of my product supply and need some input on what to get. I mainly do daily drivers and cars that people are cleaning up to sell. It's about 95% of my business. With the other 5 percent being classic show cars that see maybe 1k miles a year and are never dirtier than bugs on the front and a quick interior vac.

So most of my focus is on the interior and I have that down to a science. I've been detailing for dealers for 6 years and never focused to much on the outside since they came off the truck, got a wash and went straight to the lot.

I need help with what to get to make exterior cleaning quicker and give good results. I have the two bucket system, but no foam gun. I do hand washes and usually clay and then do a cleaner wax. Nothing fancy, just make it look good and give some protection to the paint. On a whim I bought a PC 7424 and have been using it on family cars to get some practice. I got the kit that had the pinnacle xmt fine swirl remover and the glaze. It does what it's supposed to.

I would like to be able to wax the cars using the PC, since I think it would be quicker. I probably will only see 1-2 full corrections a year so it's not like I'm doing full corrections daily. I have heard about WOWA and think it might be good for my customers.

Any suggestions on what a good sealant, wax, combo of the two if it exists, that could be applied by machine and give good results? Also stuff that's available in larger size bottles so I have a steady supply. Remember I'm a exterior noob so details on why a certain product is better than another would help. Thanks.

Sent from my Dell Streak using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Business picked up and need some solutions.

Well for exteriors You can get an AIO like D151 from Meguiars. Economical, provides good cut, finishes down well, and has a wax build it that has good durability. For WOWA you could look at D156 Synthetic Xpress spray wax. It can be applied wet or dry. Sealants are going to give you much longer durability than a traditional carnuba wax will. If you would like a sealant that can be applied by machine the maybe something like DP poli-seal or Klasse High gloss sealant would be a couple options.

What do you want to spend for a wax or sealant?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

You should try an AIO product that would save you a lot of time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the Meg's Detailer line. +1 for D151 and D156.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-seal is one of the easiest sealants to use, I have done 18 cars and still have over half of the 8oz bottle left, with it you just spray it on the applicator and wipe on I can do the whole car in less than 10 minutes.
    2016 Subaru Forester XT

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post

Second that. I also do mainly DD's and Car lot cars for resale. D151 allows you to keep your prices cheap but still remain profitable. You and customer both stay happy!
    Very economical and highly recommended.

Just another thought. Why not upsale the sealant? Not everyone with a DD will appreciate the sealant. They are just looking for something shiny.
    Maybe you already do this. Just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea on upselling the sealant. The community I am in is a higher income community and its more of a "get it done make it look excellent" attitude. Its great, and is the first time since I started detailing that I have not been pressured.

So going the D15x route. Would doing a wax with D151 using the da, then going over it with D156 be overkill? Looking at the details of 151, is it a wax or sealant or is it just a corrector with polish?

Sorry for the confusion, I've been looking at so many products, they are blending together.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

D151 is a cleaner/wax. It has the ability to provide some cut for light defect removal and also finishes down well. Just don't expect the results of a full paint correction when you have more severe defects.

IMO i dont see a problem with adding D156. As long as you are covering your time and materials cost in your price. It will only add more protection and help your work last longer.

As for the sealants. I don't have as much experience with those. But I have heard only good things about the Opti-Seal. I have this in my shopping cart as we speak.

Hope that helps at least some. And guys feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the 151. People dont know what swirls are here, they just want a clean car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast