autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Protection from PBMG spray wax/sealants

Good morning.

I wanted to see what is everyone getting for durability as stand alone protection from house brand spray waxes and sealants like; Blackfire Polymer Spray, Souveran Liquid Spray, and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz.

Thanks

Dhaval
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Protection from PBMG spray wax/sealants

Keep in mind, when I note the below all products are used within the same family, I don't cross over.....so Bf Ploy Spray gets applied only to BFWD and BFMS, spray Souveran gets applied to liquid Souveran, etc.....

With poly spray applied to crystal seal or BFWD I easily see 1 weeks worth of slick feeling, and 2-3 weeks of some added gloss. Right around the 2-3 week mark I am reapplying so longevity is hard to tell but around 3 weeks I can tell I am still seeing some of it.

The new formula pinnacle spray, I only tried a sample(just ordered more) but I noticed it is way better than the previous version almost on par with OCW I'd say. Really slick surface and goes perfectly with liquid Souveran really amps gloss. Longevity though too early to tell on my car, just touched it up recently.

My personal fav of the house brands is xmt spray wax though, that stuff is slicker than any spray wax, IMO. It really looks great when boosting wgdgps. And leaves the surface incredibly slick, I can't explain it but its very glossy for a spray wax I was way impressed by its looks and longevity. I got it on Bogo so, decent deal. I can send you a sample if you wish!

I'd say with any house brand though, 2-3 weeks I'd wager, which is nice as a topper whose foundation is solid with BFWD or wgdgps etc...

What were you thinking of doing?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Protection from PBMG spray wax/sealants

I got some family cars that I will be cleaning and I see no point in spending too much time on them. Was going to clay and apply a coat of BFCS or WGDGLS and then maintenace wash every two month and apply one of the sprays. Will do this for a year before reapplying a sealant or wax.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd