autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Reformulated Opticlean

I have been using OCW for a while now, along with OID to maintain. I have read reviews on Opticlean, but I know it has recently been reformulated/tweaked. The OID claims to have antistatic properties and gloss agents, but I didn't know if the new Opticlean can do the same. I have a lot of dust/pollen issues, and was thinking the lubricant aspect of Opticlean might be a little safer to remove daily. Also, anybody seen an improvement with using it as a waterless wash? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    OptiClean is very good. But, I just used the last of mine and won't be buying more. Its very good - as good as Pinnacle WW & UWW+ - except it cost 7 or 8x as much (once dilution is factored in).

So, unless your car is close to perfectly clean, its better to wipe it down with a waterless wash instead of a QD. I would try UWW+ or Pinnacle before OptiClean. Both are equally as good or better. - just much less $$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reformulated Opticlean

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    I have been using OCW for a while now, along with OID to maintain. I have read reviews on Opticlean, but I know it has recently been reformulated/tweaked. The OID claims to have antistatic properties and gloss agents, but I didn't know if the new Opticlean can do the same. I have a lot of dust/pollen issues, and was thinking the lubricant aspect of Opticlean might be a little safer to remove daily. Also, anybody seen an improvement with using it as a waterless wash? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
    Same reason I bought it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    OptiClean is very good. But, I just used the last of mine and won't be buying more. Its very good - as good as Pinnacle WW & UWW+ - except it cost 7 or 8x as much (once dilution is factored in).

So, unless your car is close to perfectly clean, its better to wipe it down with a waterless wash instead of a QD. I would try UWW+ or Pinnacle before OptiClean. Both are equally as good or better. - just much less $$$.
    Same reason that I gave away nearly 3/4 full bottle this past wknd ~ though I rarely, if ever, WW anymore, regardless of temp.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have the original version of Opti-Clean, for me it seems to leave the surface slicker and for longer than UWW+, but it requires more buffing and as you say, it's really expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Opti-clean for my door jambs diluted 3:1. Cleans and protects rubber and paint well. I also use ONRWW, but do not use any type of waterless wash on my paint other than door jambs and under hood.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I have a few bottles on order and will give it a try. I am not as concerned about cost, but I am wondering if it smears or repels dust (kind of like OID, FK425) better since it is reformulated. Will check it out this weekend once I get my order. I have come across smearing with OID a little and it can be touchy, although I love OCW...nice look and easy to use.