autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unbelievably excellent Cleaner! (Long Read)

Subed you guys are kill'n me lol.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen many of Spartan's Products carried by my local Janitorial Supply Store here in town. Lots of great products they make.

You might want to take a peek in your local phone book for such a business, which might permit you to buy such products in smaller quantities. Plus Janitorial Stores are aften a great local source for tools, Nitrile Gloves, etc.

I see Spartan also makes a Tough Orange 15, with 15% Limonene, versus 40% in the product we're discussing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it'c combustable at pretty low temps. . .at least the pure stuff is. Definitely don't spray it directly on a hot engine, brakes etc.

Yes, it works very well on carpets. It works very well on upholstery, carpets and leather. It leaves leather looking less dry and doesn't leave any white residue like what can happen with caustic apc's. I've also found that it cleans grimy seat belts much better than a traditional alkaline apc.

I have to tell you though, I haven't tested my highly concentrated dlimonene product on very many surfaces yet. I've got gum and grime out of small areas with it. I probably wouldn't go spraying it on large areas.

Be careful with that food grade stuff. I'm sure it will be awesome, just use caution and test on junkers, or personal vehicles, scrap carpet, plastic etc.

I can't wait to hear the results.

What are these common household emulsifiers?

Also, it might be a good experiment to see how dlimonene reacts with window tint. I don't think lower concentrations and diluted products are too much of a concern, because I oversprayed tinted windows and clear plastic with no problems. The stronger stuff, I'm not sure about.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CustomLookz View Post
    Well I just put in an order for Food Grade D-Limonene which is supposidly the highest purity you can get. Pictures are showing combustable fluid precautions so I'm guessing something here has some cleaning power!

I'm going to try it at 10% at first and see what happens. I did a little research and found out that common household items can be used as emulsifiers. Have you tried using it on carpets or window tint?

I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out
    Just FYI, there is a member on here, Mr Megane(?), who I think is a legit chemist. If you're not 100% confident what to use as a cutting agent it may be worth asking for an opinion...

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic, but I am terrible at math and dilution ratios. Is there a link or something that tells you what, say, 10:1 is in terms of cleaner to water dilution. I'd understand it better if someone told me 8 oz of cleaner to 24 oz of water.
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I've seen many of Spartan's Products carried by my local Janitorial Supply Store here in town. Lots of great products they make.

You might want to take a peek in your local phone book for such a business, which might permit you to buy such products in smaller quantities. Plus Janitorial Stores are aften a great local source for tools, Nitrile Gloves, etc.

I see Spartan also makes a Tough Orange 15, with 15% Limonene, versus 40% in the product we're discussing.

You are definitely right. Don't get me wrong, I love AG and I buy lot's of stuff from here. But, when I can find a few products like this and gloves, etc nearby, I try to buy locally.

Spartan is definitely all over the place. Just have to check your local suppliers.

I forgot they had the 15 product. I wish I would have remembered that a while back, when I bought another product called citrus scrub which is around 15-20%.
    I was thinking it might be a little better for delicate expensive interiors. But, so far I haven't had any trouble with the 40 version.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I am terrible at math and dilution ratios. Is there a link or something that tells you what, say, 10:1 is in terms of cleaner to water dilution. I'd understand it better if someone told me 8 oz of cleaner to 24 oz of water.
    Before I try to explain, most bottles are clearly marked. Buy good bottles they are marked 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1 etc. Makes life easy.

A gallon is 128 oz, so if you put one ounce of product into one gallon of water, you would have 128:1. If you put 8 ounces of product into 128oz of water, you would have 16:1. 128/8=16

Dilution Ratio (corrosponds to list below)
    1 to 4
    1 to 5
    1 to 10
    1 to 12
    1 to 15
    1 to 20
    1 to 32
    1 to 40
    1 to 50
    1 to 60
    1 to 64
    1 to 100
    1 to 128
    1 to 256

Oz. Per Gal
    2 1/2
    1/2
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Yeah, it'c combustable at pretty low temps. . .at least the pure stuff is. Definitely don't spray it directly on a hot engine, brakes etc.

Yes, it works very well on carpets. It works very well on upholstery, carpets and leather. It leaves leather looking less dry and doesn't leave any white residue like what can happen with caustic apc's. I've also found that it cleans grimy seat belts much better than a traditional alkaline apc.

I have to tell you though, I haven't tested my highly concentrated dlimonene product on very many surfaces yet. I've got gum and grime out of small areas with it. I probably wouldn't go spraying it on large areas.

Be careful with that food grade stuff. I'm sure it will be awesome, just use caution and test on junkers, or personal vehicles, scrap carpet, plastic etc.

I can't wait to hear the results.

What are these common household emulsifiers?

Also, it might be a good experiment to see how dlimonene reacts with window tint. I don't think lower concentrations and diluted products are too much of a concern, because I oversprayed tinted windows and clear plastic with no problems. The stronger stuff, I'm not sure about.
    I plan on dilluting it to 10%. You were telling us that you tried Orange tough at 1:1, well that would be 20%. So this would be like trying orange tough at 1:2, I think you even told us that that was strong too.

A good common household emulsifier is Dishwashing Soap, and from what I've gathered, it doesn't take a lot of it. A website I was on was telling me 1 tablespoon to a gallon or something like that. Well Dishwashing liquid is also a wax stripper and a degreaser, I couldn't see a better emulsifier to use! I just wonder if it downgrades the strength of the D-limonene.

Even the place I bought it from told me you could just put pure D-limonene in water, shake it up and it will temporarily mix with water. I figure if I start off with a fairly small amount of Dishwashing liquid and work my way up then it'll be alright. I also don't want to deal with any soap residue when I'm cleaning interiors...

Quote Originally Posted by neat e34 View Post
    Just FYI, there is a member on here, Mr Megane(?), who I think is a legit chemist. If you're not 100% confident what to use as a cutting agent it may be worth asking for an opinion...
    Thanks for the tip, I'm on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Just test in very inconspicuous areas. At 1:1 orange tough is very strong. Probably best to just use it for spot removing tar. I used it today at 3:1 to degrease a very dirty engine and door jams. It worked very well and didnt cause any damage. Im playing around with the dilutions ratios. As i use it more i'll get a feel for what is best for different situations.

I might try that dishsoap trick with my high concentrated stuff that wont mix with water. Im curious to see what happens
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Got my gallon today, so far it does not mix well with water. Dish soap makes it last longer with water but you still have to keep shaking it up before you use it. I'm talking to some people right now that sell 'Emulsifiers' and seeing what they can do.

But this stuff is amazing, I just got done cleaning a pair of shoes that now look brand new. The inside of my trashcan now looks like the day I bought it. I even took a drop and stuck it on my tounge, and have been tasting oranges now for the last 25 minutes! This stuff is powerful...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast