autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Here ! couple of questions.

Hi just joined after ordering a california car duster from the site so does anybody have any opinions about this product ? like if it worked lol. i havent tried it out because my car is dirty and i want to wait untill i wash it. also what is the best microfiber towel that i can use for wax on and off and also polishing and buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2Integ
    Hi just joined after ordering a california car duster from the site so does anybody have any opinions about this product ? like if it worked lol. i havent tried it out because my car is dirty and i want to wait untill i wash it. also what is the best microfiber towel that i can use for wax on and off and also polishing and buffing.
    Sorry can't help you out on the cal. duster. Don't have one. I personally would rather use a qd like cystal mist and a mf towel for light dust. As far as mf goes, corbras seem to be the best. You can use the jrs. or the plush they are all great for cleaning, removing wax and buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me be the 1st to welcome you to AG. I will suggest (and so will others) that you use the search function a lot. Just about every question you can think of has already been asked and answered. The duster should only be used with very, very light pressure and only on a dusty surface. Washing a car is dangerous enough if not done well. A CD can really mess up your finish if one is not careful. Learn about the 2 bucket method and clean your ride safely. Again..welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like the Cali duster. Rather use a QD with microfiber for VERY little dust, or wash the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use a quick detailer... to risky with a cal duster...plus the guys and ladies on here are not your run o the mill car washers. they are pretty hard core. go with cobra towels...they are nice
    2004 Mazda RX-8, exhaust, intake, other goodies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it and found that it should only be used on a daily basis right after cleaning the car. If not, the build up will cause damage, light light scratches that could get worse.
    I don't use any pressure on it. Just let it glide and lift the dust. If you go more than a day without using it, dont. QD w/ MF is the only solution after that.

Post Thanks / Like
    only use duster on very light dust , and never on pollen which is abrasive. I use mine to remove lint after removing the car cover.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AG!!
    I have the Cali duster. It works for me. Like tod071 said, "don't use any pressure on it. Just let it glide and lift the dust". I use it daily, when I get home from work. And then QD w/ Cobra plush MF towel.
    Follow the instructions that come with the Cali duster........wrapping it in newspaper etc. to get rid of the excess wax. If you don't, it'll be some nasty streaking.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, welcome!

I'm going to have to agree with the others, QD is a much better alternative to the Cali Duster. Consider Pinnacle's Liquid Souveran Spray or Crystal Mist on any of the cobra MF towels. There are all very good, but the best choices would be either of the blues, a miracle green, or the bigger blue with the satin seam.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)