autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MF Pad issues with PE14 Flex?

Not sure if its an issue or the way it should work, most likely I figure I am doing something wrong.

I get along fine using FG400 and PG1000 with both orange and yellow CCS pads as well as some tuff buff wool pads, but anytime I use on of the LC MF pads I have issues.

I am using the thicker ones for the rotary and running them on speed 3.

What it does is work the piss out of the thing. Almost like its dry buffing, but I can't tell if it is or not. The finish turns out fine. Theres times when it will stall the Flex out even. Takes quite a bit to hold onto the thing.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is it the nature of the beast? I clean often with compressed air, but these do this as soon as I get the compound spread out.

I should mention this is all on heavily oxidized single stage paint, which I wonder if that has any effect on it as well. I have not yet tried them on clear coats yet.

Thanks
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Pad issues with PE14 Flex?

Single stage loads up the pad much quicker than base coat clear coat. MF pads were designed for DAs never tried on on a RB. The RB being more powerful doesn't really need a MF pad.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    MF pads just do not work with forced rotation. That's a fact. Even though they are technically rotary MF pads and they will finish out ok, the user experience is terrible.

MF pads build up heat much faster and due to their "sticky" tendency they are made for open spindle DAs. Even the 3401 has the same issue with the pads

If your heart is set on them, you will have to use a clean pad or clean the pad for each section to get it to somewhat work.

The only "MF" type pad that works half decent on FR machines is the surf buff. They are like and MF but don't bog down as much. Although on a Rotary you will have halos with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Pad issues with PE14 Flex?

Ive been using them on the rotary, the 3401 I did not have issues but that was on clear coats.

I am not set on MF pads at all, just seemed like many like them so I tried them.

I barely seem to get the compound spread and the pad is already loaded up with oxidized paint. I also can not seem to get the paint completly out of them. I just got a pad washer and tried cleaning on in it but did not remove the center extension in the grit gaurd first and the MF pad melted it somewhat.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all MF pads are created equal. I use optimum MF pads with a rotary regularly and they work great. Lc MF pads have been a big disappointment to me. I love their foam pads but their MF pads need an overhaul.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com