autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hand Held Pump Foam gun

Saw this on YouTube and thought it was worth sharing...Too bad the company is in Europe and these don't appear to be sold in the states.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1y81Gmfs58]Gloria Foam Master FM10 - YouTube[/video]

FoamMaster FM 10

However I did find this....I am not sure how this compares though....Hmm maybe time to experiment. These run about $30 bucks.

Product Details | Tek® Hand Sprayer | H. D. Hudson

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hand Held Pump Foam gun

Pretty interesting find. I might check that out too! Could bring a new dimension for those in areas where traditional washing is no bueno!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    That foams up pretty nice for a hand pump!

Post Thanks / Like

The only down side is time and time is money in this business. Its a good idea for some not doing this as a business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    The only down side is time and time is money in this business. Its a good idea for some not doing this as a business.

I am no pro, as detailing is not a business for me but the rare occasion I work on someone else's car for money I can see fitting this in, because I am no pro by any means, so the 1 or 2 cars I do monthly for pocket money, I can see using this for when I have no real water supply.

Mostly though I am curious and intrigued for my own personal cars, as you said perfect for someone like me....I can't imagine this saving you anytime in your business but its still kinda cool, maybe you could use it as a super deluxe APC sprayer for your tough jobs in a pinch, but other than that I have no ideas!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Europeans always get all the cool stuff first.

Post Thanks / Like
    What you are seeing is a presoak product that appears to be foam but its not the same thing. It's applied just as you see it because it doesn't rely on high pressure as in a conventional high pressure foam canon.

The foam part of the presoak is what gives it a long dwell time but the beauty is in the chemistry. Unlike conventional foam products here in the states, this product completely breaks down all bonded contaminants...without hurting the LSP. I'm not talking about loosening and lifting like conventional foam but actually dissolving bonded contaminants which once were only able to be removed by hand washing.

Yes in Europe they are ahead of the car care curve in terms of coming up with what is essentially a touchless way to wash your car without hurting the LSP. The real beauty of that video is not the applicator... It's what is being applied and how easy it is to do it.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to bet you could do something similar with any of the pump sprayers sold here or a local Lowe's or Home Depot. Spray patterns are the result of the nozzle design and as you can see int he video the pattern also changes as the pressure drops off.

For "us guys", think about this design but using a larger garden sprayer with more compressed air capacity. I believe opening up the hole in an adjustable nozzle would result in something very acceptable....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    What you are seeing is a presoak product that appears to be foam but its not the same thing. It's applied just as you see it because it doesn't rely on high pressure as in a conventional high pressure foam canon.

The foam part of the presoak is what gives it a long dwell time but the beauty is in the chemistry. Unlike conventional foam products here in the states, this product completely breaks down all bonded contaminants...without hurting the LSP. I'm not talking about loosening and lifting like conventional foam but actually dissolving bonded contaminants which once were only able to be removed by hand washing.

Yes in Europe they are ahead of the car care curve in terms of coming up with what is essentially a touchless way to wash your car without hurting the LSP. The real beauty of that video is not the applicator... It's what is being applied and how easy it is to do it.

I believe it's actually just megs gold class 50:1. Thats what also interested me, no fancy pre soak product.

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZ5T5QrgUA]Gloria Foam Master FM10 + MG Gold Class Shampoo (1:50) - YouTube[/video]
    Last edited by tapp1; 05-06-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast