autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Optimum Product Combo?

Hi. Wondering what you would recommend as the best product combo starting with Optimum Hyper Polish:

Hyper Polish > Car Wax
    Hyper Polish > GPS
    Hyper Polish > GPS > Car Wax

Or is there a different / better combination of products you woud suggest?

Thanks!

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Optimum Product Combo?

Following Hyper Polish with GPS is a bit redundant IMO, use one or the other. I could also argue that following GPS with OCW is a bit redundant too, but less so than the former. Generally speaking the point of using GPS would be so you would NOT have to follow it with OCW (a "one-step" rather then the two steps of Hyper Polish followed by OCW).

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what you are looking to achieve with the combination you illustrated; and what resources you have available to you.

I love following-up with OCW as my LSP after using an AIO. So for me, any AIO (i.e. - GPS) --> OCW works.

GPS and HP are close in cut, too close for me. A more traditional 2-step where you achieve a balanced approach on correction, finishing and protection would be Hyper Polish --> Finish Polish; then followed with OCW. You should get 5-6 months of durability, and more if you top with OCW a couple of months later.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that is the appeal of an AIO product, that you don't need an LSP (I must admit, as a newbie I had to lookup LSP).

However, after reading a few hundred posts on a handful of threads that seemed pertinent, I get the feeling that a final wax can add to the deepness of the gloss and contribute to that jewel look that I crave but am still far away from.

My next step is to get a decent DA polisher. My first attempt using GPS with my old 9" polisher got a nice glow but didn't get rid of the minor swirl marks on the factory finish of my 2010 Mazda MX-5. I presume that the dealer added the swirl marks during delivery "prep", as I can't imagine they were there when the car rolled off the factory floor.

So I was thinking of trying HP once I get a decent polisher and wanted to know what the best follow would be, because I don't think HP provides protection, just correction. So I was wondering if ether GPS or OCW would make sense. Maybe my first step should be to try GPS again with a good polisher, before I try HP?

At any rate, thanks for your feedback. I'm really hooked on detailinug now and trying to learn as much as I can as time allows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest hyper polish or polish ii followed by opti seal. Good correction followed by great protection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    It all depends on what you are looking to achieve with the combination you illustrated; and what resources you have available to you.

I love following-up with OCW as my LSP after using an AIO. So for me, any AIO (i.e. - GPS) --> OCW works.

GPS and HP are close in cut, too close for me. A more traditional 2-step where you achieve a balanced approach on correction, finishing and protection would be Hyper Polish --> Finish Polish; then followed with OCW. You should get 5-6 months of durability, and more if you top with OCW a couple of months later.

I have not used either but based on what I have read and heard Hyper Polish should have much more cut than GPS?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heyjohnboy View Post
    I guess that is the appeal of an AIO product, that you don't need an LSP (I must admit, as a newbie I had to lookup LSP).

However, after reading a few hundred posts on a handful of threads that seemed pertinent, I get the feeling that a final wax can add to the deepness of the gloss and contribute to that jewel look that I crave but am still far away from.

My next step is to get a decent DA polisher. My first attempt using GPS with my old 9" polisher got a nice glow but didn't get rid of the minor swirl marks on the factory finish of my 2010 Mazda MX-5. I presume that the dealer added the swirl marks during delivery "prep", as I can't imagine they were there when the car rolled off the factory floor.

So I was thinking of trying HP once I get a decent polisher and wanted to know what the best follow would be, because I don't think HP provides protection, just correction. So I was wondering if ether GPS or OCW would make sense. Maybe my first step should be to try GPS again with a good polisher, before I try HP?

At any rate, thanks for your feedback. I'm really hooked on detailinug now and trying to learn as much as I can as time allows.
    Post some pics of the worst areas when you have the chance. From there, the choice to go GPS or HP will be more clear.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Hyper Polish topped with Opti Seal