autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Lines

Whats the difference between all thier lines?
    GC, XMT, Detailer etc....

I've always looked at Megs as a "low class" OTC line. But it seems a lot of you guys are using it. Maybe I should start myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    XMT?

Why would you think they are a low class line?

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean NXT line :P
    I guess because they have them at Kragen/Walmart/Target. I think I mentally bunched them together w Turtle wax and Armor All and mothers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    I mean NXT line :P
    I guess because they have them at Kragen/Walmart/Target. I think I mentally bunched them together w Turtle wax and Armor All and mothers

I LIKE NXT.....DURABILITY IS A PROBLEM THOUGH...

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs has good products but their more targeted to OTC, they still have their Pro lines etc. I personally don't care for anything in the NXT Line...I did not like NXT, NXT Spray, NXT QD'er, NXT Insane Shine (pry the worse product I've ever used). I love their white clay bars and their regular qd'er thats very slick and great for claying, has nice gloss pop as well but washes off in the 1st rain or wash. NXT wash ehhh, only use when I need something stronger combined with BugSquash when stripping down to polish.

Not a bad line, just I prefer stuff like Duragloss, Poorboys, Pinnacle etc over it.

Don't be dissing the Armor All though lol, Armor All Extreme Gel rocks and their regular Tire Foam spray is awsome.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    The Meg's pro line like Mirror Glaze and the detailer line has some nice products..the polishes and compounds have a learning curve..but once you learn them they work real nice...Mike Phillips a paint polishing artist uses Megs mirror glaze polishes and his work is outstanding..but he works with them all the time so has mastered them...the sealant #21 is not a bad sealant...sorta like a revised NXT but much better...

The NXT line is so so...the sealants last as long as a few rains or washes....the shampoo is close to Dawn...they need to really revamp the NXT line...the tire and rubber products are a waste of money...

GC shampoo is ok..but leaves paint grabby after a few days...they use a conditioning oil in it and one its gone from the paint..it is grabby...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs has more products - good or bad - than any other company. Personally, I think their 80 series products are on par with any made. There are pro detailers that get amaing results from them, I think Megs are probably not the most user friendlyor idiot proof and that turns some people off. I know I've tried products that others love and I didn't get the same results and it's more or less all the variables that go into detailing - machine, pad, speed, time, not to mention I doubt we all work on the same car, year, problems etc. Maybe thats why Megs makes so many products.

Post Thanks / Like
    MG series is great with the rotary (MG 83 with a DA)

Used a lot of megs products (NXT etc) before i found AG. And you can probably say that NXT line got my attension regarding car detailing, it was my "first love" and without NXT tech wax and Megs MF, i probably would never have found AutoGeek, and would still be tumbling around with consumer Megs line, Autoglym and T####e W#x and just hated the thought about polishing.

Still use MG series alot, but have found out that there are much, much more products that is: easyer, better looking, more durable even cheaper than megs.

BUT Meguiars is stil WAY better than many brands out there (including MG, NXT, GC, DC)
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is that I agree with everything said so far. Meg's is a good stable line of products as a whole. Just like all products out there, some are better than others. I learned on the Meguiar's line many moons ago. Just remember that there are many other good products out there as well. That's what I enjoy about these forums. Many opinions and discussions.
    They call me "Blue"

Post Thanks / Like
    I never really thought of Meguiars being all that great either. Its definitely targeted to the OTC people. I believe the only Meguiars product I use is the NXT wash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast