autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Being tested tomorrow must bring A game

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    I would normally agree. But this is another production customer. But one won't have much work but will pay more

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online
    Then why even ask this question then no point really then quality is not a factor then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0 View Post
    Just don't go too overboard and kill yourself for the amount of money you are charging. If you provide a $400 detail for $150, that is what will be expected of you in the future from this customer.
    This is what happened to me in the beginning. Provide the work that you are being paid for and maybe an quick cheap extra thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Then why even ask this question then no point really then quality is not a factor then!
    Pureshine you seem to be a true professional. How much do you recommend for free add ons?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Pureshine you seem to be a true professional. How much do you recommend for free add ons?
    What do you me free add ons?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0 View Post
    Just don't go too overboard and kill yourself for the amount of money you are charging. If you provide a $400 detail for $150, that is what will be expected of you in the future from this customer.
    Pureshine I meant on quantimo's comment. When is it overboard for you? Just wondering...

Post Thanks / Like

Well thats way over board! I mean if someone wanted a basic interior cleaning I would do some spot removal for free to make the new customer happy. Its little things that make customers happy and go a long way. Remember word of mouth is everything in our business and if you do a couple little things extra customers appreciate it a lot. By all means I do not mean give away a $400 job for $150.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Well thats way over board! I mean if someone wanted a basic interior cleaning I would do some spot removal for free to make the new customer happy. Its little things that make customers happy and go a long way. Remember word of mouth is everything in our business and if you do a couple little things extra customers appreciate it a lot. By all means I do not mean give away a $400 job for $150.
    Ok gotha, gotcha. I have been learning the business side her on AG thanks to you guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not familiar with the waxes you have, the the WG dgps 3.0 gives a warm glow like a carnauba but can last (in my experience). I would go with that if I were you.

Post Thanks / Like
    This detail was for a dealer. The car was already sold he just wanted to see what results i could do. The customer paying for the detail. (dealer) would only see the car a few hours at most before giving it to the new owner. That's why i said I'd rather best look vs durability. It has serious water spots all over and over all slightly dirty.
    I went with megs UP on a white pad them moved up to an orange pad. I ended up having to use m205 on an orange pad. And finishing with megs ultimate carnuba wax. I also clayed the car to. It turned out extremely well. The dealership owner was gone for the day when i returned it.
    But everyone there loved it. Everyone was completely amazed at how good it looked.
    They made their "detailer" come look at it. And had a bit of fun at his expense.
    And to top that off i got 2 new personal customers one of which is a car collector and compets in car shows.
    So not only did i get new customers but one of which will surely be a good contact to more potential customers.

Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    This detail was for a dealer. The car was already sold he just wanted to see what results i could do. The customer paying for the detail. (dealer) would only see the car a few hours at most before giving it to the new owner. That's why i said I'd rather best look vs durability. It has serious water spots all over and over all slightly dirty.
    I went with megs UP on a white pad them moved up to an orange pad. I ended up having to use m205 on an orange pad. And finishing with megs ultimate carnuba wax. I also clayed the car to. It turned out extremely well. The dealership owner was gone for the day when i returned it.
    But everyone there loved it. Everyone was completely amazed at how good it looked.
    They made their "detailer" come look at it. And had a bit of fun at his expense.
    And to top that off i got 2 new personal customers one of which is a car collector and compets in car shows.
    So not only did i get new customers but one of which will surely be a good contact to more potential customers.

Thanks all

Sounds like you got a new enemy as well awesome to hear though!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast