autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing cig smell from a/c vents

I have searched and cannot find info on this. I bought a 2006 ford f150, that has terrible cig smell from the vents. I have cleaned everything and truck does not smell, until you turn a/c on, then you about choke to death. Truck as far as I can tell has no cabin filter. Truck has vinyl seats and rubber floor mats. I cleaned seats and headliner and they don't smell anymore, but vents are horrible. Any help ..Please

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your cabin air filter. If you have on

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing cig smell from a/c vents

Most auto parts stores have products that are sprayed into the AC/heater input vents to eliminate odors. I had a similar problem a few years back with my mom's car and after two applications the spray completely removed the smell.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably it's not just the vents but the heater core/evaporator coil. That thing gets pretty gunked up with cig and other sticky residue. There are cleaners for them, like this. It happens when the system is shut down and the coil is damp, causing anything and everything to build up and stick. One way to help is before getting out of the car (like once on the street home) put the system on 'fresh air' mode, turn off the AC and pump some clean air through it for a few minutes. (Like anyone is actually going to DO IT!)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys,

Post Thanks / Like

call around to repair shops near you, find one that deals with bg products, and either pay them to do the service or buy a can of frigi-fresh and a can of frigi-clean and youll be all set, also change the cabin filter if you have one

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link to a great AC Condenser Kleener

http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-klima-cleaner-air-freshener.html

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment

Eliminate musty odors at the core of the problem!

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner is an effective means for removing odors from the air conditioning unit by treating the source of the odor. While other products eliminate the odor by neutralizing or masking the source of the odor, they don't clean the evaporator core surface - the heart of the air conditioner system where water condensation accumulates and where the odor originates.

Klima-Cleaner's active foam works by 'scrubbing' the evaporator core, thereby reducing the opportunity for odors to reappear. Simply insert the included spray hose into the center air vents in your vehicle's interior and spray. Allow to work for 30 minutes. 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner creates a fresh-smelling environment that lasts for months!

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner completely eliminates the musky, wet smell that emanates from auto air conditioners by breaking down the mold and mildew. In the summer, when you run the air conditioner frequently, water condensation builds up in the evaporator core and serves as a breeding ground for mold and bacteria. 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner cleans and deodorizes the evaporator core to make your car’s cabin smell fresh again.

In some cases, an ongoing odor, combined with warm, humid air coming from the vents, is a sign of a blockage in the AC drain pipes. An auto technician can diagnose this problem and repair it. To eliminate the smell, use 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner.

To maintain results, we suggest you treat the system at least twice a year - in the spring and fall. In the Spring, 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner will clean out the evaporator core to prevent old smells from resurfacing. In the Fall, using 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner will take care of any smells that have developed over the course of the Summer. Your vehicle will smell fresh year-round!

To use, insert the included air hose into the center air vents of your vehicle. Spray 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner into the vents. After about 30 minutes, you’ll smell a fresh, citrus scent throughout the passenger cabin. The scent only lasts for about 12 hours, but the air will be free of odors for months.

Stop air conditioner odors with 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner!

8.5 fl. oz. (250 ml)

Made in Germany

Post Thanks / Like

^ +1 I also use Klima-Cleaner with great results.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro SO2 Pure is amazing. Works as claimed!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Klima Cleaner indeed for the vents ... use So2Pure for all carpets.

Scott