autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sales pitch

Post Thanks / Like

My sales pitch

In the past, about 2 years ago when I described what i was selling to the customer and why they needed it,
    "paint restoration"

I always got their car and got a bottle of water and dumped it on a fender for example. Followed by

"I will make your car look like this again"
    It worked really well cos it's was quick and simple. It always worked and I plan to keep using it. Any Do's or Dont Do's with this sales pitch method?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My sales pitch

It seems good but may oversimplify it for them, not to mention may annoy some people. I know if it was for me and some detailer threw water on it I'd be upset.

I think if I was wanting to purchase a paint correction I want to see finished cars before and after, cars in the shop if you have one, 50/50's, etc... Detailers I've been to showed finished jobs in a photoalbum or on the computer, websites.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on your posts, you seem to be a newbie like me. I would want to see a track record before I hire you to fix my car. Take lots of pictures, before/after, and make an online album. Google for car detailers and see what most high-end folks are doing. Lots of pictures and detailed descriptions.

Talk is cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Well a lot of the cars I've worked on have been neglected cars or car flippers, so either the water just cleans there car haha or the car flipper doesn't care cos he's going to get rid of it anyway. I wouldn't do this to a classic car, or a detailer's car.

I am starting to take pictures of my work now, with before and after results to avoid having to do this so much...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Well a lot of the cars I've worked on have been neglected cars or car flippers, so either the water just cleans there car haha or the car flipper doesn't care cos he's going to get rid of it anyway. I wouldn't do this to a classic car, or a detailer's car.

I am starting to take pictures of my work now, with before and after results to avoid having to do this so much...
    You don't have to do it all the time just some really good pics of your work. Every time I'm trying to sell paint correction I show my customer pics like this and they 90% of the time will pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavin View Post
    Based on your posts, you seem to be a newbie like me. I would want to see a track record before I hire you to fix my car. Take lots of pictures, before/after, and make an online album. Google for car detailers and see what most high-end folks are doing. Lots of pictures and detailed descriptions.

Talk is cheap.

I worked in the Production side for 2 years and I got paid. I just never took pictures wish I had though... I am however new to the personal business side...

what am I then?

definition:
    Profession
    A paid occupation, esp. one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification.

Professional
    A person engaged or qualified in a profession

Entrepreneur
    A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses

new entrepreneur?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    You don't have to do it all the time just some really good pics of your work. Every time I'm trying to sell paint correction I show my customer pics like this and they 90% of the time will pay for it.

Yeah that's the mistake I made until I found Auto Geek, I never took pictures... (now I know)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a professionally experienced Paint Detailer, newbie entrepreneur

Post Thanks / Like

There's a wide range of expectations from potential customers. I would think in general people don't care so much about a self-created title, and care more about seeing evidence of your experience.

re: "I worked in the Production side for 2 years and I got paid."

I may misunderstand what you mean by that, but I'm not sure that's all that helpful. "Production" implies sort of an assembly line robotic role. If you use that, maybe word it differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I've learned on Auto Geek what I did professionally was called.
    Production Detailing

I basically color sanded new painted cars that had been in a crash before. Then Buff, polish etc... Then vacuum wash and have it ready for the customer.

My title is: Automotive Paint Detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast