autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing some minor scuffs in paint

My Camaro has already been PC'ed with my 7424. I used pinnacle products.

Last year I polished it with pinnacle advanced finishing polish. And I think I topped it off with collinite 845.

Recently worked on the Camaro and I did not use fender covers. Wire from my work light banged up my driver side fender. Doesn't look to serious, but planned on washing the car first then trying to rub it out with claybar.

What would be a good way to go about removing these minor scuffs? Should I just use the polish and work it with a white pad?

I have orange,blue,red,white pads and only stuff I have is Pinnacle A.P, and XMT series 1,2,finishing glaze.

another question. Would it be fine to just polish the car once a year and stay on top of the waxing? Car sits outside during winter months.

Since I owned the Camaro in 2011. I used the XMT steps to remove some swirl marks and minor perfections through the 2 years. Once each year I did this. Am I over doing it?

If I am this year I would just use the polish and put wax ontop and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing some minor scuffs in paint

1. Start with the least aggresive pad/polish combination and see if it works. Gradually increase the aggressiveness of your combination until the defects are removed.
    2. How long between corrections depends on how much you use your car, whether it's garaged or exposed to the elements, the way you wash/dry it, etc. Is is a show car or daily driver? It depends on how perfect you want your car to look and how muck work and how often you want to polish it.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing some minor scuffs in paint

Good advice above. May be obvious, but just in case....the clay bar isn't going to do anything for the light scuffing. You may be able to correct that out by hand - I've fixed numerous issues like this, and it often amazes folks (myself included) just how light the damage can be.

As far as corrective work in general, let your eyes be your guide. As you wash, inspect carefully. Do the same on a really sunny day - Mother Nature will let you know where the swirls are, and how bad they are. On my own vehicle, once per year is about right, although I've certainly gone longer...and shorter. Careful maintenance washes, and follow up coats of protection once a quarter or so, and I'm usually happy. YMMV, of course.
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Car is my DD from April-Nov. Sits outside uncovered for winter.

I'd say my paint us 7/10? Has its imperfections with the black being different shade from previous accident.

If its fine doing once/year. I know its not long but I follow XMT bid tutorial and usually takes me like 4 hours from wash to finish.

When I do follow the steps it wants me to use finishing glaze after correction. Should I use polish than finishing glaze or vise versa?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick bump..going to be installing some stuff here shortly and immediately washing and get started after.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2