autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant opinions/questions

Hello all, so I just used WGDGPS today and man was it easy to remove and the slickness it gives is nothing I have ever felt before. My question is, is it supposed to have a kind of "oily" feel to it after wiping off and buffing? The surface feels really slick but at the same time it feels "oily". The reason I ask is when I used Meguiars #26 on another car I sealed recently, the feel and slickness between the two are very different.

Also, I have a new container of DP Max Wax and was thinking of topping it over the WGDPGS once cured (12 hours). Has anyone tried topping it with Max Wax, if so, what is the look that it gives. After looking through different threads, everyone seems to point to Fuzion, which makes sense since they are the same brand. Just wanted to know your opinion.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant opinions/questions

I've used max wax over it and honestly, i couldn't tell if it added anything other than maybe some depth, but who knows on certain paint systems it may pop more, but max wax is awesome so is wgdgps so can't go wrong....
    Back to the full-time grind.

Junior Member DETAILED IMPRESSIONS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    Hello all, so I just used WGDGPS today and man was it easy to remove and the slickness it gives is nothing I have ever felt before. My question is, is it supposed to have a kind of "oily" feel to it after wiping off and buffing? The surface feels really slick but at the same time it feels "oily". The reason I ask is when I used Meguiars #26 on another car I sealed recently, the feel and slickness between the two are very different.

Also, I have a new container of DP Max Wax and was thinking of topping it over the WGDPGS once cured (12 hours). Has anyone tried topping it with Max Wax, if so, what is the look that it gives. After looking through different threads, everyone seems to point to Fuzion, which makes sense since they are the same brand. Just wanted to know your opinion.

Thanks.

I too just got me some wolfgang deep 3.0. It does have a "oily" feel to it (Tho I would say a wet feeling). I think different companys make their product different to say one is and isnt oily feeling. I toped my wolfgang with some brazilian wax and I think it made it pop more. I say top it worst case is you dont like it and wont do it again.

BTW I love the wolfgang but hate the 12 hour cure time lol
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

Super Member Kyle@PrecisionPolish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What sealant would be comparable to WG that doesn't require 12 hours of cure? I was thinking blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Czapski View Post
    What sealant would be comparable to WG that doesn't require 12 hours of cure? I was thinking blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection.
    I believe it has a similar cure time. You might want to look into a WOWA sealant? Or Polycharger?

Post Thanks / Like

The 12 hour or however long cure time isn't an issue for me as I usually apply and wipe off during the evening to let it cure overnight. But I am glad to know I wasn't the only one getting that "oily" feel. I can't wait to take it out in the sunlight, I want to see how the silver pops on the minivan.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten the oily felling too, but too me its like a dry oily feeling I guess is what I would call it. Doesn't bother me and it goes away after it cures but all that slickness is still there.

Another option would be another coat of WGDGPS. You think the first coat looks great, wait till you add a second one.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post

Thanks.
    I have tried topping with many different waxes. I have not noticed any imporvement what so ever, no matter what brand I use. Topping seems to be a waste of money.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a free sample and found it very hard to remove and streaky!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    I have tried topping with many different waxes. I have not noticed any imporvement what so ever, no matter what brand I use. Topping seems to be a waste of money.
    IMHO even if you don't see a difference in appearance, topping the sealant with a wax will give you another sacrificial layer protecting your paint and making your sealant last longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast