autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Melted chocolate out of carpets

So, any advice? It was half a Hershey's bar, I'm guessing steam is my only option huh?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melted chocolate out of carpets

Maybe try melting it again and vacuuming it up, then a stain remover for the resulting stains?

I am just guessing here, but hopefully my bumping it up will get you an experienced answer?
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got my hands on some hot tap water....dipped some rags in it and started to wipe away at the chocolate (Didn't have steamer at the time) being careful not to spread it and after it was gone......final cleaning was with straight Folex and clean rag.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, i had someone text me and say try ice??????

Post Thanks / Like

Ice is correct. I take its not on a floor mat right. Freeze the spot and break up the chocolate. Vacuum before it melts and then use APC to clean the stain.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above. You either want to freeze..... or you want to remelt but not cook, so hot tap water with multiple rags to pick up most of the solids and then a good carpet pre-treatment/cleaner with a good interior brush should help resolve.

FYI, chocolate melting point is between 60-100 degrees (depending on the crystalline structure, so 120 degree tap should be more than enough to remelt. Worst mistake you could do is hit that stain with steamer or hot water extractor at 210-300 degrees which would permanently cook the stain in. Blotting rather than rubbing should be enough to remove the majority of the solids.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishincricket View Post
    Maybe try melting it again and vacuuming it up, then a stain remover for the resulting stains?

I am just guessing here, but hopefully my bumping it up will get you an experienced answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy View Post
    I got my hands on some hot tap water....dipped some rags in it and started to wipe away at the chocolate (Didn't have steamer at the time) being careful not to spread it and after it was gone......final cleaning was with straight Folex and clean rag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Ice is correct. I take its not on a floor mat right. Freeze the spot and break up the chocolate. Vacuum before it melts and then use APC to clean the stain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I agree with the above. You either want to freeze..... or you want to remelt but not cook, so hot tap water with multiple rags to pick up most of the solids and then a good carpet pre-treatment/cleaner with a good interior brush should help resolve.

FYI, chocolate melting point is between 60-100 degrees (depending on the crystalline structure, so 120 degree tap should be more than enough to remelt. Worst mistake you could do is hit that stain with steamer or hot water extractor at 210-300 degrees which would permanently cook the stain in. Blotting rather than rubbing should be enough to remove the majority of the solids.

Okay, ice it is i will try it out. Dhaval, yes it's on the floor itself, it must've slid under the mat.

So i will ice it, chip it, i've got DA carpet brushes and my mothers ones and lots of folex....okay time to get some ice, thanks fellas...

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how it goes! Intrigued to say the least
    2012 Taffeta White Honda Fit Sport
    Flex 3401
    CZ SP-01 Tactical

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Okay, ice it is i will try it out. Dhaval, yes it's on the floor itself, it must've slid under the mat.

So i will ice it, chip it, i've got DA carpet brushes and my mothers ones and lots of folex....okay time to get some ice, thanks fellas...
    Just thinking out loud thru my keyboard. Might want to put the ice in a ziplock bag. All your looking to do is freeze the chocolate. Your carpet brush and DA with Folex should do the trick.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    If you know anyone with a bissell little green machine, that would do the trick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast