autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie: Need Advice/Guidance

First let me say thanks to everyone that I have been able to learn from on here. This site has taught me a lot already.

So here is my issue/dilemma/question.

I recently purchased the Chemical Guys V-line to give it a try, and I must say it works well. However, the first compound and polish I used was M105 and M205 and obviously I can notice a difference, which I expect since they are different products.

I recently bought a Denali XL from my parents and the paint had been highly neglected, so I took to the task of washing/claying/compounding/polishing. While the results are good there are still a number of swirls/holograms still in the paint. I started with a yellow pad and the V34, followed by an orange pad and V36, followed by a white pad and V38.

Here are the results:

Again, while the results are pretty good, there are still holograms and swirls that you can't see in the pics but are pretty visible from angles. I have finished half the truck (it's a "massive" undertaking) but I want to order some more M105/M205 to compare and see if it can better take out the remaining swirls.

I say all of that to ask this: Should I wax the work that I have already accomplished and then strip it if the M105/M205 does a better job on the other half, or can I just keep it cleaned up until I can get my order placed and it arrives. Right now, I have just been washing it off daily. I do this as a hobby and have a full time job, so I can only do what I can in the evenings and in spurts. Thanks for any help and guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie: Need Advice/Guidance

I'm not familiar with CG's v-line so I have no idea if it's better than M105/205, but I highly doubt it. For me,...I love the M105/205 combo. It's my go to.

I'd skip the wax. You did say that YOU could notice a difference. right? There's your answer.
    davinciautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I typed in 3M m105 and got respiratory masks. So anybody mind putting a link or full name so I can finally learn what you giys are talking about when you type in m105/205 thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Meguiars m105 and 205!

Haha k got it.

I like the 3M stuff, but have never used the Meguiars stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

They are talking about Meguiars M105 and Meguiars M205 compounds. Really good stuff. Do a search about the Kevin Brown Method on here for use of M105.

Meguiars M105 Ultra-Cut Compound 32 oz.

Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish, final polish, Meguiars polishes, car polish, 205 FP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermesa View Post
    They are talking about Meguiars M105 and Meguiars M205 compounds. Really good stuff. Do a search about the Kevin Brown Method on here for use of M105.

Meguiars M105 Ultra-Cut Compound 32 oz.

Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish, final polish, Meguiars polishes, car polish, 205 FP
    Thank you, this seems to get a lot of Likes so I might switch to this to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, Which machine are you using? It could be polish residue that wasn't completely removed? Just a guess.........