autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How do you use your foam gun?

How do you use your foam gun? I have one coming from Auto Detailing Solutions (I had some in-store credit), and I just wondered how you use yours? Pre-soak, rinse, follow with 2 bucket method? Foam as you go and just use a rinse bucket? Pre-soak and follow with 2 bucket wash with a different soap without rinsing the pre-soak? Also, what kind of soap do you use in the foam gun? Does it come with directions? Thanks for answering my questions!

Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you use your foam gun?

I use mine for pre-rinse with every wash. I use Citrus Guys Wash and Gloss. I also use the two bucket method to fully wash. I feel this is the safest for my black car.

After researching ratios, I put in about 3-4 oz of CG CW&G in the 64 ounce Foam Gun and use setting C. This provides me with great lubricant and a ratio that does not strip the LSP.

During pollen season (now!) for a quick rinse off, I will use this, hose it, and leaf blow dry. I am not crazy about the idea of applying usual drying technique of plush microfiber towel after foam gun rinse only, since the first time I did it I noticed pollen still on the towel even after the foam gun rinse.
    Last edited by rjom; 05-31-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my hose with a spray nosel attachment. Then soak the car with the foam gun. Bugs in the front get hit with spray Auto Detailer. Then as I wash with my wash mit I also keep spraying with the foam gun. I also have a rinse bucket of clear water for the mit.
    I rinse with just plain water without a nosel. Then leaf blow and blot any water left with a microfiber towel. My Synergry Green Camaro looks way cool when finished!

Post Thanks / Like

I use my foam gun to presoak the vehicle and remove as much dirt as possible. While the soap is soaking, I go ahead and wash the wheels/tires. After that then I rinse the soap off and wash it using the standard 2 bucket method.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a foam gun from AG that should arrive today or tomorrow so I'm also curious to know how you guys use yours.
    Guillaume is my name.

Post Thanks / Like

I pre-soak my cars using DP extreme and Megs Gold class mix. using one of the two highest settings. After the dwell I rinse it off. I then turn down the mixture down and coat the sections I'm about to wash using 2BM. I then rise the sections off as I go. A little over the top but for my own cars only the best right??

I have also tried doing a final Soak on the lowest setting after washing and then rinsing everything off. Total overkill; but I have fun with my foam gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I use my foam gun to presoak the vehicle and remove as much dirt as possible. While the soap is soaking, I go ahead and wash the wheels/tires. After that then I rinse the soap off and wash it using the standard 2 bucket method.
    Good idea...........that's how I'm going to start doing my ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Any soap will work in the foam gun, some better than others. DP has one formulated for the foam gun and it really makes a lot of suds. Looks like snow blowing on the car!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I recently got a Foam Cannon. In the few times I've used it, I've found that if my car isn't very dirty (borderline rinse-less wash kind of dirty) I can foam the car and immediately do a one bucket wash feeling comfortable that I'm not inducing swirls. If it is any worse I'll pre-soak foam, pressure wash rinse, foam, 2 bucket wash then final rinse and dry.

For soap, I've tried DP Extreme Foam, DP Auto Bath, Megs gold class and Kit Carnauba, all of which foamed very well, just depends on the dilution ratio. As always since I found ONR, I like to add about 1/2 an ounce to both the wash and rinse buckets for added safety.

Post Thanks / Like

Can this "Foam Gun" be used with a pressure washer?
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast