autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

PB's SSR2.5 & smoker's tinted windows

Detailed a friend's car yesterday, and while cleaning the inside windows, I noticed a film (on top of the tints) that looked scratched in some areas, hazy, and smeared in others. I realized it was a build-up of smoke. Stoner's was getting the work done, but it was tedious and I had to clean/rub a very small area at a time to see results (and this was a 4dr). Out of curiosity, decided to step up to an abrasive. First tried the PC with a green pad, but for some reason, the pad didn't hug the window enough for any real results. Decided to use a terry pad by hand, and voila, lifted all the smoke film/haze/scratches, and, left amazing clarity through the tints. I was pleasantly surprised and will use this technique again, should the need arise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cusepack
    Detailed a friend's car yesterday, and while cleaning the inside windows, I noticed a film (on top of the tints) that looked scratched in some areas, hazy, and smeared in others. I realized it was a build-up of smoke. Stoner's was getting the work done, but it was tedious and I had to clean/rub a very small area at a time to see results (and this was a 4dr). Out of curiosity, decided to step up to an abrasive. First tried the PC with a green pad, but for some reason, the pad didn't hug the window enough for any real results. Decided to use a terry pad by hand, and voila, lifted all the smoke film/haze/scratches, and, left amazing clarity through the tints. I was pleasantly surprised and will use this technique again, should the need arise.
    YOU ARE BRAVE......I never would have thought to use the P.C on the tint as a pre-solution....im always afraid i'll scratch the tint........
    good tip.......thanks...........