autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me pick some new foam pads please!

OK, I have the following:

Ultimate Compound / Polish / Wax
    Collinite 845
    Gold Class Carnuba
    Duragloss 501 & 105 w/ 601

I have the GG 3rd gen and 5" backing plate, so I know I want 5.5" pads, and ORANGE, WHITE and GRAY/BLACK.

I'd like to stay with LC, so do I want Hydrotech, Flat or Smart CCS? I want to stay with one kind that will be ok with at least what I have above. I see Hydrotech are meant for water-based and I have no idea what the above are based on.

I also know I'll want at least 2 of each color. I'll only be working on our family cars, a 2013 Ford F-150, 2012 Infiniti G37xS, 2008 Hyundai Sonata and a 1997 Nissan Maxima.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend the new LC CCS Cool Wave pads. I won a box of them at Autopia and they are great. They are a lot better than regular CCSs pads. They have like these little "waves" that hold polishes and glazes well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me pick some new foam pads please!

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I would highly recommend the new LC CCS Cool Wave pads. I won a box of them at Autopia and they are great. They are a lot better than regular CCSs pads. They have like these little "waves" that hold polishes and glazes well.

...can't go wrong there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Could you post a link to these "wave pads"???

I use hydro tech flat pads... 3 colors 3 of each for my own car.. started with ccs smart pads they are nice but love the way the hydro techs perform.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/lake-...wave-pads.html

Found it.. interesting..... serious side note lc needs to get there stuff together in regards to color coordinating the level of cut x color will produce... white is there cut pad for these wave pads...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBroke View Post
    Lake Country Cool Wave CCS 5.5 Inch Foam Pads

Found it.. interesting..... serious side note lc needs to get there stuff together in regards to color coordinating the level of cut x color will produce... white is there cut pad for these wave pads...

I saw those and wondered about them. And yeah lc colors are all over the place for every different foam pad line they manufacture. What might be worse is that there are two types of white pads for that cool wave line. Why not just use a different color?

I wonder why they are only on autopia when ag is virtually the same site. I also seem to get more coupon codes in my inbox from them too.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. The colors are what have me confused!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Interesting. The colors are what have me confused!
    True story iv been doing this for awhile and lc pads are always confusing... id say order 9 pads... 3 cyan 3 tangerine and 3 chrimson get the tinner ones if your using a porter cable... it spins them Really well. And they are very handy.. the only other pads I use regularly are my 3" hydrotech pads... I just wish I could find thin 3" they make small od secrions a breeze to get in and correct without monkeying with the machine.