autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Drying - Why MF/Waffle over Chamois?

I bought a load of MF towels for drying along with a large Waffle Guzzler. Honestly, these are a bit of a PITA, as they can't really be wrung to the point where water marks go bye-bye. With a Chamois, this wasn't a problem and marring/scratching was never an issue, either. Now, I realize that we aren't back in the 70's, but are there benefits to using one over the next? This looks interesting: Water Sprite Plus® Chamois 4 sq. Feet
    Last edited by fdesalvo; 03-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying - Why MF/Waffle over Chamois?

I really like the guzzler that I have- it is really soft and absorbent. I can do an entire small car with one 20x40 towel.

And the fact that you can machine wash the MF towels. You cant really do that with a leather chamois.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fdesalvo View Post
    I bought a load of MF towels for drying along with a large Waffle Guzzler. Honestly, these are a bit of a PITA, as they can't really be wrung to the point where water marks go bye-bye. With a Chamois, this wasn't a problem and marring/scratching was never an issue, either. Now, I realize that we aren't back in the 70's, but are there benefits to using one over the next?
    If you flood on the final rinse, you won't have to wring out your Guzzler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you flood on the final rinse, you won't have to wring out your Guzzler.
    Wish I could. I have to use a self-serve wash bay. I have to take my buckets and supplies with me. They have a high pressure washer, but no hose. Someday I'll take some pics of and review the Wolfgang Detailer's bag. That thing is amazing.
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Post Thanks / Like

chamois have no knap ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fdesalvo View Post
    Wish I could. I have to use a self-serve wash bay. I have to take my buckets and supplies with me. They have a high pressure washer, but no hose. Someday I'll take some pics of and review the Wolfgang Detailer's bag. That thing is amazing.
    Get a couple of waffle weave drying towels..they will wring out easily.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the absorber chamois for for years and I like it a lot, never had any problems with them. Then about a year or so ago I bought the guzzler waffle weave from here and I must have gotten a bad one cause it is terrible at drying the car. It didn't work well from day one. I've tried every method of drying that I could and no matter what I would do it would just streak and push the water around. Now the other day I bought a non waffle weave mf drying towel and it works great, it's huge and was only 9 bucks. I still prefer the absorber for a traditional wash, but the mf works better with the rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Like killrwheels said, a chamois has no nap. So any dirty that still managed to stay on the paint is rubbing all over the car, whereas an mf towel of waffle weave towel will hold the dirt within the nap and not scratch your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    I've used the absorber chamois for for years and I like it a lot, never had any problems with them. Then about a year or so ago I bought the guzzler waffle weave from here and I must have gotten a bad one cause it is terrible at drying the car. It didn't work well from day one. I've tried every method of drying that I could and no matter what I would do it would just streak and push the water around. Now the other day I bought a non waffle weave mf drying towel and it works great, it's huge and was only 9 bucks. I still prefer the absorber for a traditional wash, but the mf works better with the rinseless wash.

That's so weird. I took mine straight out o the package and it worked wonderfully. I would maybe try washing it once or twice and see if it improves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlax2485 View Post
    That's so weird. I took mine straight out o the package and it worked wonderfully. I would maybe try washing it once or twice and see if it improves?
    Like I said I tried everything. I use it on glass with stoners foaming cleaner. Works great for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast