autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CG Speed Wipe Spray Wax & Quick Detailer

I bought 2 bottles of this stuff thinking: just what I need, another QD. But this stuff is different.

Why? It seems to do everything very well. It can be used as a "waterless wash" on light dust and fingerprints. What's unique about it is how easy it is to use. One pass with a towel, flip it over - and its gone and the panel is super slick. No streaks. It's not thick, like a lot of newer QDs.

Also, the product leaves behind a decent sealant like protection, water will bead very well. This is a great product to use, when you have to clean a car that was washed and not driven, or only driven little and just has dust on it.

Why use this instead of a waterless wash? Because its faster and easier to use. I use waterless products all the time, and they too are quick & easy - but this is faster and EASIER. It flashes and wipes off with amazing ease, unlike any other QD I've recently tried. Also it leaves a great glow and shine behind.

Actually I like this stuff better than V7. It takes very little to do a car, and you really only need one towel (assuming just dust). This is because it spreads and wipes off so easy and so little product is required, the towel never becomes saturated.

I lot of people really like Adam's QD. It's supposed to be very good. I have heard some rumors some of Adams and CG products are the same. I'm wondering if this stuff is the same as the Adam's product. Same color, this stuff smells like cotton candy.

Anyone try both?

The sun is going down here, but I just did a wipe down with this stuff on my big SUV using only one medium nap CG towel. When I'm done, towel still feels dry. All I was doing was removing dust.

Towel after:

Car After:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG Speed Wipe Spray Wax & Quick Detailer

I have yet to find a Chemical guys product that I don't like...they make great stuff!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My gf uses this on her car and I use v7. I gotta try it on my car. The other qd that they have the extreme synthetic qd thats purple is pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas911gts View Post
    My gf uses this on her car and I use v7. I gotta try it on my car. The other qd that they have the extreme synthetic qd thats purple is pretty good.
    This stuff is good because it also cleans. Dust and finger prints. V7 isn't meant to clean anything. This stuff is just as slick and as easy as V7 IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    This stuff is good because it also cleans. Dust and finger prints. V7 isn't meant to clean anything. This stuff is just as slick and as easy as V7 IMHO.
    Really? Crap I've been using v7 as a weekly qd. My car goes out twice a week on average so it doesn't get too dirty and I've been using v7 exclusively for six months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a sample of V7 after hearing how awesome it was. Might add this to order.
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport & 2007 TrailBlazer SS (Both black!)

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to try this out. How does it compare to V7 on your Black M roadster?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas911gts View Post
    Really? Crap I've been using v7 as a weekly qd. My car goes out twice a week on average so it doesn't get too dirty and I've been using v7 exclusively for six months.
    I'm sure its fine. But I don't believe V7 is supposed to have any cleaning ability. That's why I like this product so much. It cleans and leaves a slick finish. But nobody ever talks about this product.

I'm wondering if its Adams Detail Spray in a different bottle ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    It's very good. It wipes off / flashes away very easy and doesn't leave haze or streaks. You use very little as well. It's very slick and leaves a very good shine. It's not "over-polymerized" thick like some newer detail sprays. You can do a whole car with one towel, because you use so little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Bring a bottle over to my place. I got a gallon of it for the gf's car. On cg's website it says that v7 cleans dust and fingerprints which is all I really need. I think it does a pretty good job for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast