autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have gone through the clearcoat in thin areas with a PC using an orange LC pad and SSR2.5.

As was stated, a PC is a great tool, but areas which have been made "thin" through repeated polishing or were just thin to begin with are susceptible to CC break through even with a PC.

In order to remove the swirls you have to remove CC (no matter what machine you use) and there is a point where you might just need to live with some swirls/fine scratches. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I wouldn't continue using the yellow pad and SSR3 ... that's for sure. If you do decide to continue on doing it yourself, try SSR3 with a polishing pad... At this point in time I'm sure you'd rather have the finish look better, not perfect...
    yea i tried out the orange with 3... nothing and now im worrying its gonna burn more even if open areas... i think maybe just got one of thos estubborn cars. cuz when i tested the truck it was a joke...oh well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    I have gone through the clearcoat in thin areas with a PC using an orange LC pad and SSR2.5.

As was stated, a PC is a great tool, but areas which have been made "thin" through repeated polishing or were just thin to begin with are susceptible to CC break through even with a PC.

In order to remove the swirls you have to remove CC (no matter what machine you use) and there is a point where you might just need to live with some swirls/fine scratches. JMO.
    Thanks... you make a valid point.. im very sad cuz its a black car...but it seems that there very deep swrils.. i mean the ssr and yellow wouldnt pull them out.. hell it was gonna take the paint before swrils lol. Guess i might let it be for a while...but it cant definately burn cuz the paint does warm upalot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sympathize. It is possible that the defects are in the base paint. You never know the quality of the factory paint job and clearcoating, and some areas are just thin on CC to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    I sympathize. It is possible that the defects are in the base paint. You never know the quality of the factory paint job and clearcoating, and some areas are just thin on CC to begin with.
    thanks.. you are right.. its sad but oh well at leas thte car preforms hehe

Thanks everyone for there posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12