autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying Microfibers in Bulk?

I bought a pack of 12 about a year ago I seemed to have misplaced the entire package after one using one haha. And since spring is coming soon, I thought I would stock up on some.

I was thinking about buying another back of 12 from Walmart for about $8 ( Detailer's Choice Microfiber Towels, 12-Pack - Walmart.com ) or buying a pack of 36 from costco for about $18 (I believe).

I do not know the quality of these, so that's why I'm asking for a bit of advice. I would much rather buy it from a store than online, tbh. It's a lot less of a hassle.

I already have an absorber for drying my car, so these will just be used for buffing, cleaning interiors and cleaning engine bay.

And my last question is: To clean them (from dirt, brake dust, wax, polish, etc), could I just soak them in a tub of Tide (or something of its equal) and wash it by hand?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying Microfibers in Bulk?

I wouldn't use costco or walmart or target branded microfibers near any paint on any car i touch, for interiors and wheel wells I'd use them, but for paint I always say stick with the good stuff....

For washing get a dedicated microfiber detergent, I mean you could cheap out and use cheap towels and tide, but if you're going to do it right, then do it right, proper towels proper detergent, and the towels wil last you a while
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions on where to buy some quality ones? It doesn't have to be too big.

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2-24 packs at sams club for $10 each, although these MF towels will never touch paint, they are perfect for everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunder92 View Post
    Any suggestions on where to buy some quality ones? It doesn't have to be too big.
    Here? at AG? Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, microfiber buffing towels, detail cloth, micro fiber

or google microfiber towel and have couple hundred hits show up and go from there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I wouldn't use costco or walmart or target branded microfibers near any paint on any car i touch, for interiors and wheel wells I'd use them, but for paint I always say stick with the good stuff....
    Ditto. Once you buy quality towels you will never use department store towels. The difference is major. That being said, the best OTC towels I've found at a department store is Costco.

Post Thanks / Like

Start here to find some quality towels. Most of them are availible in 6 pack bundles.

Car Care Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools

I use the blue Miracle towels and purple deluxe towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    or google microfiber towel and have couple hundred hits show up and go from there
    Haha. But how do I tell which ones are quality and which are junk?

Would Autozone towels suffice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Ditto. Once you buy quality towels you will never use department store towels. The difference is major. That being said, the best OTC towels I've found at a department store is Costco.
    That's true but a couple of times the towels there were different quality like i mean inconsistent. I blame that on quality control from being made in China.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunder92 View Post
    Haha. But how do I tell which ones are quality and which are junk?

Would Autozone towels suffice?
    its a lot of trial and error, honestly anything AG sells is paint safe, so why not just order online and do it right?

If you want to go the autozone route you can, but the little extra you spend for quality stuff is worth it.

Lots of times, you'll want to look at GSM count, the nap, etc....those things wil help you decide a towels worth. AG has a comparison chart on their microfiber page, check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast