autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Lite II 8070 Upgraded

I've been going back and forth between the S300 and the Lite II. If the lift is that much better on the Lite II then it is a no brainer.

Can't wait to hear. I would love for one of our AG employees to also check with the company and update the specs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I've been going back and forth between the S300 and the Lite II. If the lift is that much better on the Lite II then it is a no brainer.
    If only it was that simple, that's why I made a spreadsheet. The Tempo (S-300) has less water lift and no heater...even with the heated units they tell you to put in 140° water--where do you get that? Unless you want to get scalded you have your water heater set to no more than 120. I didn't think that made much difference until I started to think about that the heated units heat to 210, and how much faster that will dry than 120 water that I dump into a Tempo that will be 80 or something by the time I use it. On the other hand the Tempo weighs 20 lbs vs the Mytee-Lite at 48...which could make a difference depending on how much you have to move it around.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in the market for one of these and not sold on which one to buy. I emailed Mytee regarding the discrepancy in the specs and have not received a response. I would've expected a reply by now so now I'm wondering how their customer service is for warranty repair or any other issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Please post any feedback you receive here.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fks1 View Post
    Im in the market for one of these and not sold on which one to buy. I emailed Mytee regarding the discrepancy in the specs and have not received a response. I would've expected a reply by now so now I'm wondering how their customer service is for warranty repair or any other issues.
    This. I emailed them two days ago and still not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for a reply too. Maybe AG can try for us, I saw the spec that Setec mentioned, they recommend a 20 amp. breaker for it, but the actual lift spec should not be hard for them to confirm.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I drove to Detailing.com and asked about the upgrade. They were aware that they upgraded the motor but were unaware of the increased H20 lift until I told them. The guy pulled up the website and was excited to read it as well. Before purchasing the Mytee lite, I had them call Mytee to confirm that they started shipping units out with upgraded units a couple months ago and assured me that I was purchasing the newer one. I dont know what to compare this to but expected the heater to pump out scalding water. I was a little disappointed in the warm water coming out of the nozzle when I used it for the first time today. As far as the lift, it worked well but cant confirm that it has a better lift than the old since Ive never owned one. Still haven't received a reply which makes me wonder about the company.
    One thing I did not like about these extractors is that the wand isn't clear and so I dont know if the carpet is clean. I used to use a modified bissell head (clear plastic) attached to a shop vac which allowed me to see how dirty each area was/is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I thought about that stainless wand being hard to see through to see if what was coming out was clean. Those Bissel clear ones are nice but they seem to crack. As far as the water not being hot enough, don't they recommend that you circulate it back into the tank for a few minutes to warm everything up?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not aware of that but I imagine it might help. I doubt it will get scalding like I was told at the store that I bought it from.When trying to decide which unit to buy, I was shown a video where the salesman was extracting from floor mats using the Mytee Lite. The video showed steam coming off of the mat which looked impressive. So you can imagine the disappointment. If it werent for the big size of the 60, I wouldve rather bought the HP60.

Post Thanks / Like

If you bought it in person, I'd complain to them about the heat. But from reading the manual, and the description of the heater as "in-line" coupled with the plastic tank construction, my conclusion is the water in the tank doesn't get heated up, the heater is, um...in-line, so it only heats when you are pumping it through the system. Wait--that's not really what the manual says.

They recommend you put 140° water in the tank, which is really hot to begin with, and then the manual says: "Turn on heater. Wait 8 – 10 minutes for unit to pre-heat. Once heated, re-key upholstery tool until hot water begins flowing. Once hot water is flowing, release trigger and preheat an additional 4 – 5 minutes."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast