autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR Clay Lube caused Ultra-Poly Clay bar to deteriorate

Funny you should bring this up. I've noticed clay feels a bit different when using ONR over say Final Inspection. Laterly I've been using 'regular' ONR (rather than ONRWW) for clay lube as well, dilution around 1.5~2.0 ounces per quart.

What I've noticed is it does seem to get a bit softer if doing a large area than it did with just FI. It's not breaking apart or anything, and I fold and knead it quite often while in use. I was thinking it has something to do with the polymers in ONR reacting with the polymer clay. The clay seems internally 'wetter and softer' than without ONR, imho.

So.... the last couple of times I clayed I would spray with distilled water every so often instead of ONR. Or at least hit the panel with one squirt of ONR and another of water. The clay (to me) seemed to stay a bit firmer than before. To put this into perspective, I didn't notice anything different the first couple of times I clayed with ONR. Then the more I used it, the more I seemed to notice it. It did/does seem like the clay is working/kneading better and perhaps even staying cleaner for longer. But whadda I know?

Either way, I do not intend to stop using ONR to clay with (just enjoying the cost factor so much over Final Inspection). Although I have mixed it to a lesser dilution than what I would for say QD strength. (It's not BY FAR the best thing I have for QD anyhow.) There is no doubt in my mind however that the clay (Megs white) feels different than without it. But what it does feel like is a bit softer and I think it may indeed clean better. But again, whadda I know? Just my thoughts and 2˘ worth there guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

By the way CM8,

I love that Showtime, don't you? Works good, and smells great.
    I love Showtime, you can pick it up at certain stores for $3.50 for a 16oz bottle. It does smell great, and works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR Clay Lube caused Ultra-Poly Clay bar to deteriorate

ONR> did not like it as a clay lube, not even my favorite "no rinse" product.

Optimum NR Wash & Wax (green), however , as a clay lube was excellent!

I will be using my DoDo- Slippery, on my next clay session, I'll see how it compares.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123