autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about a brand

Hey guys. As some of u know I'm new to detailing. I've always washed cars and always stuck with certain brands like meguires armor all and mothers. Bought at auto stores.
    But now I'm needing products used for detailing shops instead of personal uses. I know those brands have products for that but none are sold any where near me I'd have to order online.

My cousin used to own a car wash and introduced me to a guy locally who sells to detail shops and car washes. Although I've never heard of his brand. (Car bright).
    And was looking for advice on it. Like experiences if u used it before.

Now I've used that brand of degreaser and I gotta say its some if the best I've ever used. And the price is really good.

I would Like to know more about that products line of cleaners, soap, waxes, polishes, & other stuff.

Please let me know know if u know anything about this line and what products from this line are and are not good.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems you are hesitant to purchase from Autogeek.net/online store. Like someone advised you in your op, if you buy low quality products you will usually get low quality results (paraphrased). If have used Meg's and Mother's otc lines then trying stepping up to their pro/detailer lines. You can easily research online Meg's, mother's, optimum, or any of the quality lines of products that AG sells. If you, nor anyone you speak to hasn't heard of a product line, or you can't find info online about it, then save your time/money and stay away from it. For the money and quality and reliability of their products, I would try both Meguiar's and Optimum's products before going with unknown off brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions about a brand

Commercial degreasers are very strong and can actually damage the finish or other automotive components so be careful using them..

Many over the counter products work and especially those offered be Meguiar's or Mothers. If the over the counter products give you the desired results then look no further. If you've decided to step up your game then look at higher quality products like the ones sold through Autogeek.

Many automotive parts stores are now carrying the Griot's line of car care products too...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a long, long time user of Meguiar's Detailer line and Mirror Glaze products and have been very pleased with them and Meg's customer support. I always buy in bulk and watch for sales and free shipping offers to stock up. Meg's offer a very complete lineup and their products are consistently good quality, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    O no I'm not hesitant to buy megs or any other brand I know works well here. And this is going to b me go to place I can't find better prices.
    I was just wondering about this brand cause its sold by a local dealer and easy to get in a hurry. And really just wanted to know if it has been used or heard of

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meg's detailer line is one of the best bangs for your buck. Cost effective and the products work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I love megs I've always used it on my own cars. I will for sure be stocking up on it as soon as I can. Its always been my go to brand.

But I was just curious about this brand simply cause its convenient

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Commercial degreasers are very strong and can actually damage the finish or other automotive components so be careful using them..

Many over the counter products work and especially those offered be Meguiar's or Mothers. If the over the counter products give you the desired results then look no further. If you've decided to step up your game then look at higher quality products like the ones sold through Autogeek.

Many automotive parts stores are now carrying the Griot's line of car care products too...

Post Thanks / Like
    OK well I guess I'll stick wit what I know. Megs. Seems like not only for personal use but in detailing its just as popular.
    Also I'm new to polishing I've put wax on my car a million times with some cheap random orbital I happened to have. But no real experience like swirl removal.
    But I want to learn and have a few car body parts to practice with.

My question is what is a good starter machine that can remove light scratches and swirls?
    I've heard a lot of good about the porter cable so far I'm leaning that way.
    Opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    OK well I guess I'll stick wit what I know. Megs. Seems like not only for personal use but in detailing its just as popular.
    Also I'm new to polishing I've put wax on my car a million times with some cheap random orbital I happened to have. But no real experience like swirl removal.
    But I want to learn and have a few car body parts to practice with.

My question is what is a good starter machine that can remove light scratches and swirls?
    I've heard a lot of good about the porter cable so far I'm leaning that way.
    Opinions?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...polishing.html

Mike P. is the man! Read, read, read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast