autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean windows without leaving streaks?

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    This is one of the toughest things for me. I (or a helper) clean the glass first then when all my (our) other duties are finished, the last thing "I" do is to go back over the glass with a flannel wiping towel to remove any remaining streaks. I've never had a helper who can clean glass without a ton of streaks. It certainly is a process that takes practice to perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I would skip all that. I struggled with this until I found the CarPro fast glass towels. The problem with microfibers is they are used for other things and contain small amounts of wax / gloss enhancers a in them that leave streaks. Also the nap of MF towels is not the best for glass.

If the windows have any dirt on them, its very hard to clean them and leave them streak free. It's better to use 2 steps

1. Clean glass once with regular glass cleaner and any towel so its fairly clean. Remove any dirt or grime. I've tried many glass cleaners, and most aren't very good. Two good ones are Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and Smart Glass from Smart Wax.

2. Clean glass again with CarPro Fast Glass Towel and distilled water.

.. If windows aren't dirty, just streaked just do step 2 only. But, I like to keep these special towels dirt free, so I can wash them after many uses.
    yes totaly agree.i always use seperate towels for glass and wash them seperatly.never ever clean glass in direct sunlight

Post Thanks / Like

Using newspaper has been the trick that worked best for me. I've tried different cleaners and towels, but plain old newspaper seems to work best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two techniques that work for me. First, and most used method, is very warm water. I use a very damp terry towel to wipe the glass and paper towels to dry. Always. omes out streak free. Second method is dishwasher fluid. I put a few drops of liquid in a bottle of water and shake it up. Spray on and wipe the glass well. It helps to dampen the towel with the liquid. Then I use method number one. It is quick and streak free. If I really go nuts I use a squeegee to scrub the glass and to wipe away most of the liquid.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I would skip all that. I struggled with this until I found the CarPro fast glass towels. The problem with microfibers is they are used for other things and contain small amounts of wax / gloss enhancers a in them that leave streaks. Also the nap of MF towels is not the best for glass.

If the windows have any dirt on them, its very hard to clean them and leave them streak free. It's better to use 2 steps

1. Clean glass once with regular glass cleaner and any towel so its fairly clean. Remove any dirt or grime. I've tried many glass cleaners, and most aren't very good. Two good ones are Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and Smart Glass from Smart Wax.

2. Clean glass again with CarPro Fast Glass Towel and distilled water.

.. If windows aren't dirty, just streaked just do step 2 only. But, I like to keep these special towels dirt free, so I can wash them after many uses.
    I agree! For external glass I like Glass Plus. If interior windows are filmed, CarPro Eraser should be used first. It blows all else away for that!
    Another useful hint is to wipe exterior glass with vertical strokes and interior glass with horizontal strokes. This facilitates determining what side the streak is on.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Ok best thing I have learn on cleaning windows after years of this is using two towels. One towel to clean with and one clean dry towel to go over again to touch up with. Cleaning windows is the only thing I do not like doing so I found the easiest way to do it. I haves used so many window cleaners its not funny and with this method they all work great.
    Todd
    Very true. You need multiple towels.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    +1

First off though, you need a good towel. Personally I dont like the waffle weave glass towels. They are better though than a normal MF. Normal MF can leave it streak free, but on the glass, fibres can get pulled out and show up in direct sunlight. I have search high and low, finally found on that works! Short, dense, nappe works amazing. I can't link you them, but I will say they are the Uber Glass towel..
    Agree with the above except I haven't tried the Uber Glass Towel. The miracle towel for glass that I've found and now use exclusively is made by Kimberly Clark and is called Wypall. Google it and you'll find plenty of places to buy. Nothing else compares.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Aquapel or Stoner glass cleaner, on cool glass, and wipe with a waffle weave drying towel.

Post Thanks / Like

But, if I dry the car right and the glass doesn't streak, then I don't even use glass cleaner on the outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use any glass cleaner on the outside because they are perfectly clean after washing and drying.

I only use the stuff on the inside glass and I use any detail spray for that.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast