autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

cruel intentions?

Well I received this sample of Liquid Souveran and never got around to trying it. Today I was puttng on a coat of PB and noticed some swirls, so I quickly canged pads and used a sample of Opt Polish. WOW...nce stuff. little if any dusting and got most of the imperfections out. But I realized that I had to get a coat of wax on this area fast. So out came the Liquid Sov... I wont comment on the looks of the products description BUT GOD DAMN THIS WAS HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!!!!!!!!! smoooooooooooth!

sorry no pics...dropped camera day before....UGH!
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL What a tease!! I've read good reviews about OP, never tried it before.
    Never tried liquid Souveran before. I have the Souveran spray wax and have yet to use it. Planning to on my wife's burgundy Sentra soon.
    Love your review of liquid Souveran. You should add that review to the product page
    "BUT GOD DAMN THIS WAS HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!!!!!!!!! smoooooooooooth!"
    Awesome!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha I agree with alban61 I like how you descrived your experiance hahahaha...thanks for sharing.

Oh and yes I can see why Optimum is such a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are a couple of the best products around! Optimum Compound is equally as good with no dusting and a bit more cut. Finishes down like a fine polish

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no christian zealot by any means. That said, I find it amazing these days how easily people issue GD out in public or in forums like this like it is no big deal at all. Times have definitely changed I suppose....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    Both are a couple of the best products around! Optimum Compound is equally as good with no dusting and a bit more cut. Finishes down like a fine polish
    You can't go wrong with Optimum or Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brig2221
    I'm no christian zealot by any means. That said, I find it amazing these days how easily people issue GD out in public or in forums like this like it is no big deal at all. Times have definitely changed I suppose....
    My apologies if you are offended...just my gut response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love OP and OC, and I have the old versions. OC has to be the best overall polish around, agressive enough to the point where if it and a PC don't remove imperfections you need a rotary. And it will still finish down nicely even witha cutting pad.

Quote Originally Posted by brig2221
    no offense, but when I read that all I could think of was the "f***" scene in the South Park Movie lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    paradog,

I'm not trying to pick on you personally. I have used and uttered the words more times than I care to admit. It's just the manner in which it is thrown all over the place these days by people who don't think anything of it. I am just amazed we have come to where we are in society where people honestly think throwing out a GD isn't that big of a deal and is perfectly normal to use in public conversation. Religous or not, believe in God or don't, I would think most people, especially adults, would know that phrase to be inappropriate to use and offensive to most.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post my thoughts on the subject. I see and hear stuff like this all the time and never say anything. For whatever reason, I just decided to voice my thought on reading your post. My comments really weren't directed so much towards you as they were where we are today in our society that it seems to be socially acceptable and common place to use the phrase. End of rant.

Back to the topic at hand, I hear nothing but great things about Souveran. I myself just ordered my first tub of Souveran Paste Wax. I own a Black Accord and cannot wait to apply it! However, it has been raining like mad this past week or so and I have been unable to get enough dry time to get the paint properly prepped to apply the Souveran.

I am licking my chops waiting on a streak of good weather here in Dallas!

Post Thanks / Like
    brig2221,

I understand your position. Yes it is inappropriate, but in the company of adult I took a risk of letting my hair down (I'm bald BTW). I work in a school where inappropriate language has been increaasingly the norm and few care. SUrprizingly, I am one that does. Again my apologies.

Back to the topic....

I think one of the things I liked was not having to worry about dropping the wax tub on the ground! I tend to get a bit slippery fingered as the detail goes on! Even my daughter noticed the difference when I picked her up from school. Opt-Polish is definately my next purchase!

Excuse me I need to go curse...I just remembered the camera I dropped the other day!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast