autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered the diamondite headlight restoration

Mike sure makes it look easy in the video. Never have done any headlights and am looking forward to tackling my inlaws lights as soon as it comes in. Like a fool, I went ahead and ordered the professional kit that should do around 25 pairs of headlights. Gonna try and sell my services to coworkers and friends to get my investment back. Ive got plenty of friends with decent cars with clowdy lights. Im thinking $25 for my service. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just ordered the diamondite headlight restoration

Quote Originally Posted by LazyGhost View Post
    Mike sure makes it look easy in the video. Never have done any headlights and am looking forward to tackling my inlaws lights as soon as it comes in. Like a fool, I went ahead and ordered the professional kit that should do around 25 pairs of headlights. Gonna try and sell my services to coworkers and friends to get my investment back. Ive got plenty of friends with decent cars with clowdy lights. Im thinking $25 for my service. lol

I think your selling that service way too cheap..

40 dollars would still be a great deal without asking too much from your friends and co workers.. maybe offer a discounted price if x amount of co-workers want you to perform this service

Post Thanks / Like

I use the diamondite head light system, it works awesome, I charge $50 to restore them. It is a great add on to any detailing business and I'm sure you will be happy with this product, very fast and easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, have the Diamondite Professional kit. The problem I've experienced is if the lens is heavily pitted from road rash, you'll need to sand the surface down to a new layer first, then polish and seal the lenses.

I tried this kit on a set of 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan lights and it made the smooth part shiny, but it didn't make a dent in the center of the lens that was heavily pitted.

I wish manufacturers would get away from trying so hard to be "no sanding required". If Diamondite would add sandpaper to its professional kit, like the one 3M sells, it'd be the "cat's whiskers" for restoring headlights.