autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TurtleWax Rinseless Wash

That's exactly the method I use.

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I've used this a few times already and with this being my introduction into the RW world, I have to say I'm really pleased with it. To the point that I will probably stick with the RW method going forward.

I do want to note that although the TWRW leaves a slick finish behind its not as slick as I would prefer. But I just follow up with Megs UQW anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Absolutely!

Try the 4 oz to 1 gallon of water and see how you like it because like I said, if 4 oz to 1 gallon of water is safe enough to wash, why wouldn't it be safe to use as clay lube!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Yup! Going to do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I pour one bottle of TW into a gallon and fill it with water, makes for a cheap but good QD.

And now I'm going to buy two bottles to use as Clay Lube & QD.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Noob question:

When diluting for QD or clay lube, are you guys using tap water or distilled water?

Thanks

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TD_05 View Post
    Noob question:

When diluting for QD or clay lube, are you guys using tap water or distilled water?

Thanks
    Distilled is recommended but tap will work as well. Use the fridge water if u have a filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TD_05 View Post
    Noob question:

Thanks
    Most of my car washing water or water used or mixed with detailing products, comes through this:

Amazon.com: Pre Fresh Garden Hose End Water Filter all purpose, pool, spa, hot tub, pets, car wash: Kitchen & Dining

I own a hot tub and change the water attaching this filter to the hose. My hardness levels are a little lower so I believe it does soften and "cleanse" the water, not much perhaps but certainly enough for a car so that you do not have to buy distilled water.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    Most of my car washing water or water used or mixed with detailing products, comes through this:

Amazon.com: Pre Fresh Garden Hose End Water Filter all purpose, pool, spa, hot tub, pets, car wash: Kitchen & Dining

I own a hot tub and change the water attaching this filter to the hose. My hardness levels are a little lower so I believe it does soften and "cleanse" the water, not much perhaps but certainly enough for a car so that you do not have to buy distilled water.

I have this and another one from home depot on the hose at the same time. MEH,, not sure if they help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post

I have this and another one from home depot on the hose at the same time. MEH,, not sure if they help.
    I don't think these contraptions help a whole lot but I know they help a little. I drain and fill my hot quarterly and have done so for years using this device (or one similar) to filter my fill water. Because my hot tub's sanitation is regulated by salt (Hot Springs Ace System), it is very important to have the softest water possible - neutral hardness levels.

I take chemical readings of my hot tub constantly and I find the filter I linked in my previous post reduces my tap water's hardness to a "soft" level. I admit my water is somewhat naturally "soft" but not to the extent my hot tub requires and this filter reduces it a little more to an ideal point. The less iron and "hardness" the "softer" the water and the softer the water the better for cars.

So although I agree with you that it might not help a whole lot, it does help enough to keep you from having to buy distilled water for washing and product mixing/dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this old thread to say that TW Rinse-Free Wash is on clearance at Advance Auto Parts for $4.99. That tells me Average Joe ain't hoping on the rinseless wagon just yet.

I may go get me some!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    Bumping this old thread to say that TW Rinse-Free Wash is on clearance at Advance Auto Parts for $4.99. That tells me Average Joe ain't hoping on the rinseless wagon just yet.

I may go get me some!
    Great deal!

Problem here is marketing...or lack of it! Even the directions aren't great, they show 1 bucket but towards the end of the directions they say for best results use 2 buckets.

Going to stop at Advance Auto tomorrow and check it out, thank you!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast