autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Member Seth@NWCDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Detailers !?!

Alright I can't seem to find a straight answer for this in all the threads I looked through. So here it goes. I'm trying to find the RIGHT setup to mount together in the back of my truck.
    I'm mainly not familiar with PW systems.
    To all the Mobile Detailers ;
    What is your setup?
    What do you prefer without killing my budget? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Detailers !?!

Depends, what is your ultimate goal with mobile detailing?

I looked into the mobile detailing thing a couple years ago, and I don't have the market for it. But that doesn't mean I couldn't give you some good tips...

Post Thanks / Like

What your questions man ? I am mobile guy so i could give you some help . I just re did my whole van had plenty of time off due to all the rain last week and below freezing temps all this week. I will have pics up soon . But any questions you have i would be more then glad to help you out .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    Depends, what is your ultimate goal with mobile detailing?

I looked into the mobile detailing thing a couple years ago, and I don't have the market for it. But that doesn't mean I couldn't give you some good tips...

Well I'm basically just trying to find a simple setup with a pressure washer, generator, compressor, and water tanks, or other professional equipment. Never had a setup before so I'm trying to get a reliable setup that won't kill my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by jgibson2980 View Post
    What your questions man ? I am mobile guy so i could give you some help . I just re did my whole van had plenty of time off due to all the rain last week and below freezing temps all this week. I will have pics up soon . But any questions you have i would be more then glad to help you out .
    Right on man. Like I answered the post above I'm pretty much trying to figure out the proper and effective way to go when setting up a unit. I haven't done a setup yet, but now's the time for me to start getting everything together. But money is limited probably under $1000. And yeah pics of your van would be awesome, I'm kinda leaning towards a van rather than a trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mostly concerned with the pressure washer...how much is too much pressure and how much is too little pressure? Can you strip paint with an electric washer? Whats the best way going about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just a chap troy bilt pw . It has a honda motor and it is a vertical pump . The psi is 2300 and is 2.3 gpm . I bought my setup from someone else and the pw came with it . I would say the thing is two to three yrs old . It is gravity fed and always has been and does fine . But when it goes I am going with a horizontal pump but probably nomore than 2500 psi . Electric pw would be fine and not as loud but I've read that a lot of them only last about a yr or so.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Right. I just need something to get me started right now a simple set up to get more income so I can upgrade more and more. I'll probably end up buying an electric pw from northern tool, they seem to have quite a bit of good products for a mobile set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Were in the same boat, I too am starting a side gig in detailing. Bought a trailer from a friend for dirt cheap. Looking into a water tank as we type, and a pw as well. Ive been using my pops TB 2500 psi (Honda) for some time now. But it's time to get my own. Lowe's and HD have a Generac gas unit Im interested in for under $300.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Homer buckets, ONR and a chemical guys Eco pod is all you need to wash a car on the go.
    Budget $25 dollars for buckets with gamma seal lids, $40 1 gallon of ONR and $499 for the Eco pod. Under $600 and you're all ready.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 200 gallon tank with a honda 13hp motor kat pump belt driven powerwasher there is no job I say no to from cars bikes boats power wash houses side walks if you are mobile u have to consider that the weather is not perfect every day so having difrent jobs to do is perfect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mobile Detailers !?!-image-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast