autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Call me crazy, but it seems like it was shinier before the topper?? I put it on lightly about two hours later (garage). Still beautiful, shiney, etc... Maybe I am misremembering? Anyone?

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never had that problem. Even reversed the order with great results. Was the old wax removed? Does the entire vehicle look less glossy or just sections?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Never had that problem. Even reversed the order with great results. Was the old wax removed? Does the entire vehicle look less glossy or just sections?
    The whole vehicle looks even, maybe its the overcast weather? (rare here). Yes i removed with a "dawn wash" and IPA solution prior as well. Again, still looks good, but after reading so many post about souveran I must admit I was expecting

  4. #4
    Senior Member DaveT435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arlington Texas
    Posts
    3,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    What color is the car. On dark colors it's great.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    What color is the car. On dark colors it's great.

    Red

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Oils from 845 interfere with second wax? Most here that use 845 use it ladt, just a thought. Was it liquid souveran?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Oils from 845 interfere with second wax? Most here that use 845 use it ladt, just a thought. Was it liquid souveran?

    Paste, LADT? (new at this!)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    SOrry using tablet, meant last. Next time try it without the 845?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Qusai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    I think I know exactly what it is. Somebody correct me if wrong but you gotta red car? Some people would agree that 845 produces a very shiny shine especially on red and white! If you put souveran as a topper it won't be as shiny because souveran makes your paint have more of a warm glow rather than a super shine like 845. It comes down to what you think looks better on your red car

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qusai View Post
    I think I know exactly what it is. Somebody correct me if wrong but you gotta red car? Some people would agree that 845 produces a very shiny shine especially on red and white! If you put souveran as a topper it won't be as shiny because souveran makes your paint have more of a warm glow rather than a super shine like 845. It comes down to what you think looks better on your red car
    OK, sounds good. I really want a wet look like this car? I dont know much about HD products? Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?-shiney-red-jpg  

Similar Threads

  1. Liquid Souveran/Collinite 845
    By Delicate Detail in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 09:08 PM
  2. Collinite 845 with souveran?
    By Dewy in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
  3. Souveran/M16 over Collinite 845?
    By Xcessiv in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. System One, Collinite 845 & Liquid Souveran
    By netspec in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 08:01 AM
  5. Collinite/Souveran Question
    By cls in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» July 2020

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1