autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmt 360

Post Thanks / Like

Xmt 360

OK guys, XMT 360 has been out for a few weeks now. How is the durability up until this point? Does it bead and sheet water well? How is the slickness? Looks? Also, as the product wears away, are you finiding swirl marks to reappear? Has anyone done an acohol wipedown to see how much of the product is fillers? What pads do you find work the best? What about machine? Speeds? Work in time?

Thanks for the opinions and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I only had a chance to use it once and I put some Liquid Souveran on top so it's hard to say. I think it will take more then a couple of weeks to really find out good it
    s durable is.
    Last edited by Gary Sword; 05-02-2007 at 09:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which pad sis you use? Were you trying to tackle imperfections or feeling it out?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    can this stuff be used to apply with hands? im new here (as you can see in my posts)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ninor
    can this stuff be used to apply with hands? im new here (as you can see in my posts)
    the bottle says to apply with machine....so I am not sure if doing it by hand will work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tryed it on my "clay scrathes" with the orange pad (not Evo paint friendly) and white pad (edge) had to switch to Megs MG 80 to remove those scratches. Used it over the MG 80 after, just for cleaning up. It almost disapears when you apply it, extremly easy to wipe off. But imo, the swirls/scratches it removes is very, very smal ones, (its not a heavy cutt`er, i knew that, so its not a "instead off" product regarding the XMT 123 line, but a new great step)

Its easy, easy, easy to use, as said, its almost gone after it has been applyed. So as a step after the XMT 123, and before Pinnacle LS feks its great. Or as a "quick wax cleaner sealer type" alone.

Im def using it again, and again.

Sorry dont know how long it lasts, i just aplyed it
    Last edited by Truls; 05-02-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to use it last weekend and i topped it with spray souveran, so I don'y have any info on durability. I went to work on a 96 t100 by first hitting it with megs #84 with a dab on megs #9 on there(i know you are not supposed to mix compunds, but it works great for me). So, i had a typical compund haze that was easily cleared up with XMT360 to create a brilliant shine. Oh, and I was working with the rotary @ 11-1400 with an EDGE green flat pad. I would call 360 as more of a surface cleaner with a little cutting power, but not so far as a swirl remover. But hey, i'm no pro. It seemed to break down pretty fast for me, so a little under 2 minutes maybe. I'll have to time it next time. Maybe it was the conditions, but it did dust less than PwS, not that it dusts a lot. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 360 on a black Sequoia last week and the owner (who also owns a black BMW that I did) said he would give me some feedback. The Sequoia is a daily driver and it's been raining a bunch this week, so I should be getting some durability info soon.

I have a black Land Cruiser to do this weekend (I'm outta Bimmers for a couple of weeks...so I'm taking some select driveway details). I plan to use 360 on this suv too. It is one of the easiest to apply products I've ever used and if the durability is good, Pinnacle has a clear winner on their hands.

Still looking for a gallon size quantity though (hint, hint Meghan)

Toto

Post Thanks / Like
    What pads are you using? Were you trying for imperfection removal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    What pads are you using? Were you trying for imperfection removal?
    I'm curious how aggressive people are getting with their pads and the amount of micromarring left behind (after an alcohol wipedown to remove fillers)... or if the product wears off in a few weeks and micromarring from the pad appears...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.