autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    That's very strange how you cannot fuel up your own vehicle. That would drive me bonkers. Personally, I am very anal about recording my fuel mileage to ensure the truck is running properly. I always fill it all the way to the NECK to where it almost drips out, which usually takes a good 10 minutes.
    If you're pumping past the "click" off, then any gas you pump just goes back into the gas station's pumps but you get charged anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    I don't know about a plastic gas cap but I didn't think gas stations stilled pumped gas for people anywhere in the US. What's even more amazing is a state has a law requiring it.
    Indeed, was quite a shocker for me as well when I visited NJ. In the South we pump our own gas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Yeh this is actually a NJ law. Way back freshman year in college, my roomates GF was from NJ. She came over all pissed one night, said she went to get gas and the station wouldn't pump her gas, she waited and waited before going inside. He and I looked at her like "huh???". She said she had never pumped gas before and that it was always the station who did it and she figured everywhere else did the same........obviously not lol, and she was actually pissed that somebody didn't pump her gas. lol
    She drove down from NJ and never had to get gas on the way here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I live in NJ too and have to deal with this but luckily I dont think theyve hit the paint yet. NJ is a weird state, I do plan to move eventually because a lot of the weirdness is in a bad way.

We can't have fireworks either... Well legally we cant but that doesnt stop me from driving real far away every 4th of july to get some

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah one time getting Gas there they chipped my paint putting the gas pump into the nozzle. I was pissed when I saw the chip as I went to pump gas again.
    George Paiva
    NES2KO CT Representative, NES2KO BOD
    www.nes2ko.com
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Get LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgepaiva

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    Must have had a GEO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    Auto-Train, the train will carry cars from NJ all the way down here. Most of the kids back at college were from NJ/NY and used the auto-train instead of driving down. I almost bought a Saleen Explorer some years ago in NJ and was going to have it shipped down on the Auto-Train.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    New Jersey is probably the most restrictive state in the country in many ways. I never look foward to getting gas here in New Jersey, you never know what kind of uncaring idiot is going to slap that nozzle into your tank.
    I always go to the same Sunoco station in my neighborhood in hope of building some kind of understanding with the attendent about how much I enjoy maintaining my car and if he could take a little extra care when filling it. But as most of you know, some people just can't be reached. How many times have I seen the nozzle pulled out a bit before all the gas has left the nozzle only to have it drip down the side of the car. Sometimes " I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it. That's why I always have a bottle of QD and a mf towel in my trunk. It seems our state officials have a fear we will be blowing ourselves up all over the state. Wonder what they think happens when we go of state to the "pump your own gas" states? I haven't noticed people go running for the hills when they see my NJ plates pulling into a PA gas station.
    Every once in awhile you'll see an article in the paper about people trying to have the this law changed, but nothing comes of it. Maybe our DMV should require everyone with a license take a intensive course in safe gas pumping. Of course they would charge a minimal fee, say $150 or $200. Seems fair LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    well im in nj as well and when i take my ta to get gas i hop out open up the tank and put the nozzle in myself.... no law against doing that or taking it out i just let the attendant hit the button for me sometimes they get mad but the gas station i norm go to doesnt have a problem with it i guess they got used to it
    2002 trans am ws6 black on black modded but never finished

1993 full size blazer 2dr with a 383 stroker and custom sound system 3inch lift

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich189, you make a good point. My car. unfortunatly, allows the gas door to be opened as soon as I turn the engine off as long as I don't lock the doors. I have a disability that keeps me from moving as fast as I'd have to in order to beat the attendent to the cap, and beside that, I have one of the few cars that have the filler door one the passenger side of the car. That does keep me from getting to it as quickly as I'd need to. Maybe we'll see the law change in the not to distant future, untill then, a kind word of caution might help keep our cars from being abused by gas jockeys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I frequently fill up in Jersey when possible as it is appreciably cheaper than NYC. Always I admonish them to be careful with the cap and nozzle. They mostly comply, espeially when I step around to stretch my legs and record the pump readings, but I've occassionally thought about learning some Hindi just to be sure they get the message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast