autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2004 Mach 1 Mustang

Greetings...about 5 years ago I got the paint on my 2004 Mach 1 about perfect with using XMT products and finished with P21S wax for a few months, tried Zaino Z-2 for a few months, and most recently have been using Wolfgang 3.0 sealant on it. I have been happy with Wolfgang but wondering if there is something better for it. There are some minor clear scratches from cleaning, covering, etc. and I plan on correcting them with Menzerna SIP which I have been impressed with. I am really looking for ultimate finishing sealant or carnuba and looking for ultimate final look. What finishing product seems to work the best on Ford's paint and really brings out the shine? Car is garage queen and doesn't see rain so weather resistance isn't a big deal for me. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me ultimate sealants and ultimate looking carnubas are totally seperate sealants opticoat 2.0 carnubas... Fuzion.. I don't think I would top opticoat with anything more expensive than a signature series 2 just because its not going to last...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Mach 1 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBroke View Post
    To me ultimate sealants and ultimate looking carnubas are totally seperate sealants opticoat 2.0 carnubas... Fuzion.. I don't think I would top opticoat with anything more expensive than a signature series 2 just because its not going to last...
    Will SS2 work well on top of the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant if have?

Post Thanks / Like

I just completed my daily driver (2012 Chevy Impala, Black Granit Metallic) with a quick polish using Meg Ultimate Polish then seal it with WG sealant 3.0 followed by 3 coats of GG Best of Show wax. (Full correction was done in July and well maintained) I had to use the GG spray wax to reactivate the wax in order to remove it but what a shine. If you follow the GG instruction video you can’t go wrong.
    It's all in the details.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely give dodo juice banana armour a shot, pickup a panel pot if you're skeptical
    welcome brother

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by legandrex View Post

I have been happy with Wolfgang but wondering if there is something better for it.

There are some minor clear scratches from cleaning, covering, etc. and I plan on correcting them with Menzerna SIP which I have been impressed with.

Menzerna SIP now call SI 1500 is a very good Medium Cut Polish. It finishes down nice enough for most people to go straight to wax. Some like to finish down a little more using either the SF 4000 or SF 4500

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers

See this article...

Gloss starts first with a smooth surface...

This is the definition of a high gloss finish!

Similar thread here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-question.html

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the issue is the fact I haven't been finishing with a wax...just been using Wolfgang 3.0 and that is it. I have about half a jar of P21s remaining...should I try that first or is something like Dodo Juice or Signature Series 2 going to provide a better finish? Thanks for the helping a noob out.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently picked up ss II and ill be breaking it in, in a day or two if you can wait

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    I recently picked up ss II and ill be breaking it in, in a day or two if you can wait
    Let me know what you think.

attached is a picture of my 73 year old Dad's 11 GT500 and my Mach. His car has 5,000 miles and I have 13,500 on mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 Mach 1 Mustang-machgt500-jpg   2004 Mach 1 Mustang-machsvt-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast