autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 or rupes bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafire View Post
    I wish I could use all the makes before I make a decision on a purchase, I'm in the market for a rotary. Which one? I read reviews on the flex, rupes, dewalt,and Makita. I want to be happy with my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpens91 View Post
    Figures after all the months of pondering as to whether I should get the 3401, I finally bought it during the no exclusions sale. Then there's all this talk about the Rupes. Seems like a very interesting machine and can't wait for reviews of it. Both seem like good machines though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachZone View Post
    I have a Megs DA and wanted to upgrade to the Flex thinking I could speed up my correction work?? Idk... Now i'm thinking I just wasted $440 dollars lol

-Beach
    A recurring theme here! Its a proven fact that the more choices given to make a decesion lessens the satisfaction felt after making the choice. The question "what if?" lingers. Here is an idea, Learn to use the machine you just purchased to its fullest potential. I'm sure you will be pleased with the results. As stated for various reasons, only one machine isn't for everbody as I have been reading it seems they all have plusses and minuses. Enjoy your new machine, and if for some reason it just can't be made to work for you you can always sell it , since they seem to go fast in the classifieds.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt in my mind, MF pads will work TEN times better on the Rupes compared to the Flex 3401. Use a Meg's or Optimum MF FINISHING pad, and you'll be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I really think some people have a misunderstanding when others say they don't like how the Flex can "walk on you". I don't think anyone ever stated it was hard to control or that it has too much power. It's simply and undesirable trait of the machine to some. If you pick up a GG6, Flex 3401, and a rotary and can't feel the difference in how they move/handle...or that one rotates the other way...well, than I don't really know what to say.

No doubt the Flex is a very well built machine capable of excellent correction. I liked my Flex very much up until the point when Meguiar's placed the prototype MF pads in my hand. That day was pretty much the turning point for me and my Flex was never used again after that point. It basically sat on my bench up until the day Jim bought it from me. That and I had a few paints where it wouldn't finish down as well as my traditional DA's (same pads and polishes on both tool).

It's really a user preference though, no right or wrong here. If you love your Flex you probably won't be blown away by the Rupes, or you may not even like it at all...nothing wrong with that. Best thing you can do is find someone close to you that has one and try it out.

Just my $.02
    This is a great summary!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I would try it before you buy it that's for sure, I have the flex, the Cyclo, and the rupes 15, most of the time I'm always going back to the Cyclo, really love that machine, it all comes down to what works the best for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ww2717 View Post
    I have the Rupes LHR21ES with the 6 inch backing plate. The Rupes is king when it comes to using it on flat surfaces. The 3401 will work way better on vertical panels and curved surfaces using the 4 3/8" backing plate and the Lake Country 5" hybrid foam pads.
    I'm another happy Flex owner

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has the entire Rupes line ($$$$$). He graciously allowed me to borrow them all. I have made the decision to throw everything else away and go with Rupes. It's a major and expensive change, but I think I'm doing the right thing. I've done some dumb things in my life, I'm man enough to admit it, and I paid dearly. But I don't think this is one of those times. Look for photo and video results in the near future.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717 View Post
    I have the Rupes LHR21ES with the 6 inch backing plate. The Rupes is king when it comes to using it on flat surfaces. The 3401 will work way better on vertical panels and curved surfaces using the 4 3/8" backing plate and the Lake Country 5" hybrid foam pads.
    Pick up a RUPES 5" backing plate.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Pick up a RUPES 5" backing plate.
    I agree! I just slapped my 5" no on my 21 and polished a corolla. That bad boy is a defect killing machine and I don't thing it's possible to stop the backing plate regardless of how the panel is shaped.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flex for me I think rupes is all hype imo

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    The debate rages on...

Looking to buy either the Flex 3401 or the Rupes LHR 15ES soon. What to do, what to do...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I do have the 5" backing plate for the Rupes LHR21 and I have the LHR15 too. There still some things that the Rupes can not do that the my Flex PE14-2 can do. The rotary is still lives.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast