autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best lint-free towel?

Going to be applying Exo and it says to use a lint-free towel. Which is the best?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best lint-free towel?

I use an all purpose micro fibre, short nappe fibres to it. I use these towels. Personally after Exo, I throw the towel away, it is next to impossible to get it all out and it will ruin your other towels in the wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    I use an all purpose micro fibre, short nappe fibres to it. I use these towels. Personally after Exo, I throw the towel away, it is next to impossible to get it all out and it will ruin your other towels in the wash.
    You should not throw away your towels after using EXO. EXO does not harden or crystalize like other coatings.

EXO is washed away out of the towels with any Alkaline Cleaner or MF wash.

For towels to apply EXO with, I would suggest any short nap towel that is proven to not lint. Here are a couple examples that I know for absolute sure will not lint.

Special Purchase Light Blue Microfiber Towel

Microfiber Wheel Detailing Towel, wheel buffing towel, all wheel towel, utility towel, shop towel - These are SUPER soft

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber

Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber

any of these towels would work perfect. I personally have used the blue all purpose towel and the yellow gold towel from above to apply exo or remove other harder coatings.

again, since EXO does not crystallize and is easily wiped out with alkaline chemicals you are wasting money by throwing away the towels you used for application.

Its very important to chemically strip the surface before applying EXO and to make sure the panel temp is atleast 70 degrees. Apply to 2 panels at a time, then wipe off slowly. Instead of thinking of buffing the product off, I think its a better idea to use 2 towels, and on the first wipe spread it around till if flash's. Then with the second towel wipe in the leftover residues gently.

Think of it more as wiping IN exo instead of wiping OFF exo.

Post Thanks / Like

Most quality "Edgeless" MF's are lint-free.I use Edgeless MF's for leveling with all coatings (OG,OC2.0,CQF,C1),they should do a good job for you as well.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15