autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand new silver truck. "Best" course of action?

I know there is no "best", but I'd like some input from all of you.

I'll detail my current product inventory, and past practices, and my thoughts about future purchases and see where this takes us.

My current arsenal of product consists of:

UDM polisher (PC knock off)
    Lake Country ccs pads, all of them from black to yellow
    Meg's 9, 82, 83
    Klasse twins
    Pinnacle souveran paste
    Clay bar

My last vehicle was a 2005 xterra, darker charcoal type color.

I basically would clay, klasse twin, and the top with the souveran twice a year and was quite happy.

Since my Nissan frontier is new, I'd like to possibly try something else.

I would like to stick with the klasse twins, but was wondering if there was a better "topper", maybe something more suited to silver?

I'm also thinking of a good pre twin polish, maybe Meg's 205 to perfect the paint prior to the twin treatment. The paint is new, and looks good. Silver is a very forgiving color.

I've also been drooling over the flex 3401, and the new 5" hybrid pads.

I know my current process works. People would always ask if my 7 year old xterra was brand new.
    I'm sure the result would be the same for the new truck.

I just want to step it up a notch.

So, what are your thoughts? Keep doing what I've been doing, or try something new?

Trust me I won't be offended if you suggest I buy a 3401, and new pads as well as a different polish.

My Meg's products are 7 yrs old but are still a creamy consistency.

Again, if you feel I need to buy the 3401, do not hesitate to let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new silver truck. "Best" course of action?

IMO, if the machine is working fine now why spend the $$, when my PC craps out then the Flex is next.
    More opinions will follow, but if you're happy with the results now......and the truck is brand new, keep it lookin purtty.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the 3401 would be a big purchase, but because of the forced rotation, it apparently has no, or little vibration.

Even if the 3401 was not quicker, or didnt offer better correction the lack of vibration would be worth the price alone.

I know after a day of polishing with my current machine, I can feel it in my wrists.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was sort of in the same position as you!
    Bought a new Iridium Silver Mercedes and I really wanted the paint to pop!

So I did what you do to make light colours kick the pants off of dark ones... Jeweling!

I used my Flex 3404 for this, best DA on the market. I also used my Gold CCS jeweling pad with Menzerna SF4500.

Jeweling is where you use a pad with zero cut and an ultra fine finishing glaze/polish. You work the product in slowly on every panel maximizing gloss and reflection. You work the product in, the take a towel and clean the pad from excesses polish and removed clear coat after every section.

Now this is every time consuming but worth it! Next I noticed the LSP you are using. I personally used exo, but Pinnacle Souveran is more for dark car, it will not look as good as on a light car.

I would recommend either CG Pete's 53 or 50/50 depending on how much you are willing to spend.

I would apply the wax on top of the Klasse glazes.

Personally on my car here, I did a spot swirl removal with Menzerna PF2500 and then jewelled the paint. Finished with Exo, then topped with Petes 53. Took about 5 hours all said and done

Post Thanks / Like

i just got a new white Silverado... have 4 days off coming up.. my process is gonna be Duragloss 501/105 combo (with pc and lc white pad) topped with Collonite 845, after claying and Carpro trix treament of course... you should look at the duragloss line.. great product and prices as well