autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What order should i use the following products

I just received the following products and wanted to know the correct order to apply them. Also if there are any that I am missing. I have a black Honda Element.

1. KAIO
    2. Blacklight
    3. V07

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What order should i use the following products

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

What are you wanting to accomplish? Do you want your paint to just be protected? Or do you want a swirl free finish? With the products listed, you would be cleaning your paint and protecting it mainly. Will you be doing this by hand or machine?

Here are the basic steps for detailing:
    1) Wash
    2) Clay
    3) Compound or polish if needed and desired
    4) Seal
    5) Wax

Klasse All in One is a chemical cleaner and has no abrasive properties to it. But it leaves a layer of protection behind. Blacklight, well no one really knows exactly what it is. But let's leave it at, it will enhance gloss some and light swirls will disappear either from being filled in or physically removed. So personally I see the KAIO as a wasted step as it will just be removed by the Blacklight most likely. V7 is just a spray sealant and can be used after washes or whenever some extra protection is desired.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

+1
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Welcome to Autogeek Online!

What are you wanting to accomplish? Do you want your paint to just be protected? Or do you want a swirl free finish? With the products listed, you would be cleaning your paint and protecting it mainly. Will you be doing this by hand or machine?

Here are the basic steps for detailing:
    1) Wash
    2) Clay
    3) Compound or polish if needed and desired
    4) Seal
    5) Wax

Klasse All in One is a chemical cleaner and has no abrasive properties to it. But it leaves a layer of protection behind. Blacklight, well no one really knows exactly what it is. But let's leave it at, it will enhance gloss some and light swirls will disappear either from being filled in or physically removed. So personally I see the KAIO as a wasted step as it will just be removed by the Blacklight most likely. V7 is just a spray sealant and can be used after washes or whenever some extra protection is desired.
    I would like to piggyback and add my two cents if its ok.

I think that if you were to machine apply KAIO with a polishing pad and then return with BL on a finishing pad you will not remove much of KAIO if at all. Give KAIO some time to cure before toping with BL and V7.

I love the look of BL followed by V7 wipe downs.

Great advice BTW Rider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Welcome to AGO

I would like to piggyback and add my two cents if its ok.

I think that if you were to machine apply KAIO with a polishing pad and then return with BL on a finishing pad you will not remove much of KAIO if at all. Give KAIO some time to cure before toping with BL and V7.

I love the look of BL followed by V7 wipe downs.

Great advice BTW Rider
    Great thinking smack. Always nice to have a follow up on a recommendation.

Also,now that you mentioned applying Blacklight with a finishing pad if the OP were to apply it by hand that would reduce the amount of KAIO that is being removed. I don't believe that you would notice a difference in durability or looks either way.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Great thinking smack. Always nice to have a follow up on a recommendation.

Also,now that you mentioned applying Blacklight with a finishing pad if the OP were to apply it by hand that would reduce the amount of KAIO that is being removed. I don't believe that you would notice a difference in durability or looks either way.
    Sure thing Rider.

Either by machine or hand I dont think much if any will be removed. In my experience BL has more durability than most think. Its not a true seleant as WGDGPS or DP poli coat or others but it does have some surprisingly decent durability. Now whether its a glaze polish or whatever that is still unknown but it works however you want it to. Wipe it down with V7 and you have incredible look.

Post Thanks / Like

Blacklight, well no one really knows exactly what it is. But let's leave it at, it will enhance gloss some and light swirls will disappear either from being filled in or physically removed. So personally I see the KAIO as a wasted step as it will just be removed by the Blacklight most likely. V7 is just a spray sealant and can be used after washes or whenever some extra protection is desired.
    +1 .... I just checked the CG website; Blacklight is an AIO.

BLACK LIGHT BLACKLIGHT HYBRID RADIANT FINISH

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the answers. This is a DD, but the paint is in good shape. I have also heard that CG Glossworkz is good to fill in minor swirls. Does anyone have any experience with it. I do not yet have a DA, but plan on purchasing one in the spring once the weather warms up.

I guess I am just looking for a combo that will make my car look good, but also offer some pretty good protection (without a DA). Like I said the paint is in good condition with some minor swirls.

I have learned so much from this forum and have to say that it is one of the best forums out there period. Everyone is so helpful and you never get slammed for asking questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hando View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. This is a DD, but the paint is in good shape. I have also heard that CG Glossworkz is good to fill in minor swirls. Does anyone have any experience with it. I do not yet have a DA, but plan on purchasing one in the spring once the weather warms up.

I guess I am just looking for a combo that will make my car look good, but also offer some pretty good protection (without a DA). Like I said the paint is in good condition with some minor swirls.

I have learned so much from this forum and have to say that it is one of the best forums out there period. Everyone is so helpful and you never get slammed for asking questions.
    Collinite 845 sounds like what you need.

How much time or little time are you willing to spend on your car? One thing I've learned is that there is always something else you can clean.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast