autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is a little hard to remove hologram from M105

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    What's up with that is we do not allow others to bash or be disrespectful on this forum. You can all disagree but if you cannot do it like adults you will be given a time out!
    Disrespect? Check out Mike's first response to me....wasn't must respect (or correct information for that matter) there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    I'll just throw this out there. Dalton has switched to mainly using the Rupes polisher.
    Yes I know as I have had correspondence with him on this and why I jumped on buying them (21 and 15). That why I said a while back as you couldnt rip a rupes out of his cold dead hands. I have the rules as well. But the point is talking rotary finishing and its just plain wrong info.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax View Post
    Yes I know as I have had correspondence with him on this and why I jumped on buying them (21 and 15). That why I said a while back as you couldnt rip a rupes out of his cold dead hands. I have the rules as well. But the point is talking rotary finishing and its just plain wrong info.
    Perhaps the focus should be more on factual information being shared versus how it's shared.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mike.Phillips@Autogeek;775451]Besides the fact that chemically stripping paint means you're introducing the risk for marring or even scratching the paint in the process, (to a finish you just buffed out), it's also a huge time killer and what I call working backwards.

Are you saying that not chemically stripping after polishing and before LSP is a good practice? Why would I want to LSP over polishing oils? Guess I've been working backwards all this time.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Rsurfer;776143]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Besides the fact that chemically stripping paint means you're introducing the risk for marring or even scratching the paint in the process, (to a finish you just buffed out), it's also a huge time killer and what I call working backwards.

Are you saying that not chemically stripping after polishing and before LSP is a good practice? Why would I want to LSP over polishing oils? Guess I've been working backwards all this time.
    I think what we've learned here today is that we've been doing it all wrong this entire time!
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Rsurfer;776143]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Besides the fact that chemically stripping paint means you're introducing the risk for marring or even scratching the paint in the process, (to a finish you just buffed out), it's also a huge time killer and what I call working backwards.

to be fair , Mike P has stated many times that when using chemically synergistic products, that there is no need to chemically strip the entire car after polishing. I also think that chemically stripping after each panel is a waste. I will strip every few panels just to make sure that the products are finishing clearly.

I think the term "chemically stripping" means different things to different people. For me it means going at the panel with something very strong to be absolutely sure you are removing every trace of oil. Washing a car after polishing with something like citrus wash or a strong car wash is something I would rather do. I would never use something like an APC to wash the car after polishing as it can definitely dull the paint. I also consider Carpro eraser to be mild imo.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456