autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any word on the new Optimum "No Rinse Wash & Wax"

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    True, but why would anyone want to use regular ONR now? You still have to do a wipe down before a coating, so why not take advantage of the increased protection of this product?
    ONR '12 is an excellent product for rinseless rag top maintenance.

I don't think that I would want the carnauba on my rag top.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote a brief review on it here Product Review: Optimum No Rinse w/ Carnauba

Really is awesome!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the new ONR+C and it is very nice. It's like using ONR and applying OCW post wash without the extra step or time.

I also think there is a market for both ONR & ONR+C. ONR will be good for regular washing and ONR+C can be a monthly wash and wax. It can even be an upgrade for Detailers offer a wash and wax without having to add the added waxing step...

Post Thanks / Like
    True, but why would anyone want to use regular ONR now? You still have to do a wipe down before a coating, so why not take advantage of the increased protection of this product?
    Dave, I use regular ONR as clay lube and then use it as my final wipe down prior to coating. I don't want any wax interfering with the bond of the coating. I'll stick to regular ONR for coating jobs, and use the DG (AW) version on my personal vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Dave, I use regular ONR as clay lube and then use it as my final wipe down prior to coating. I don't want any wax interfering with the bond of the coating. I'll stick to regular ONR for coating jobs, and use the DG (AW) version on my personal vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I never liked ONR for clay lube, I always found the clay to drag a bit too much for my liking with it. As for a wipe down, the only wipe down I do before a coating is with Eraser or IPA. I don't want any of the polymers from ONR messing with the bonding of the coating. That is all just how I do it, so I understand that other people do it differently with great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never liked ONR for clay lube, I always found the clay to drag a bit too much for my liking with it. As for a wipe down, the only wipe down I do before a coating is with Eraser or IPA. I don't want any of the polymers from ONR messing with the bonding of the coating. That is all just how I do it, so I understand that other people do it differently with great results.
    Agreed!!!!

I use HD Touch as a clay lube and quick detailer. It works awesome and is cheap!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding of what I've read on this forum about optimum products is:

That if you're using their products and plan on using an optimum coating then there is synergystic compatibility between the products and therefore there is no need to worry about polymers interfering with the coating and no need to do a wipe down with IPA or Eraser.

Perhaps Chris or Dr. G. will chime in and either confirm or correct my comments.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    My understanding of what I've read on this forum about optimum products is:

That if you're using their products and plan on using an optimum coating then there is synergystic compatibility between the products and therefore there is no need to worry about polymers interfering with the coating and no need to do a wipe down with IPA or Eraser.

Perhaps Chris or Dr. G. will chime in and either confirm or correct my comments.
    I have seen that written, however I have also seen people say you have to do an OPC wash before applying Opti Coat. Secondly, many people here use coatings other than OC/OG, I use Finest from time to time, and I know I would never trust washing with ONR and going right to the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Like to see the new ONR w/carnauba vs the Pinnacle WW w/carnauba comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Like to see the new ONR w/carnauba vs the Pinnacle WW w/carnauba comparison.

I will be comparing ONR+C to Pinnacle Rinesless +C...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast