autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pad advice on a Rotary

Need a bit of advice on what pad/pads should I get for a rotary. I am using Edge pads on my PC. I have just received a Metabo! I bought it courtousy of all the threads. Well I would appreciate any help! Thanks
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    you can use the same edge pads on the rotary...just get the edge adapter for a rotarty...my 6 inch da pads and wave pads work just as well on the rotary as they do on my porter cable...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey congrats on the Metabo purchase, you'll enjoy it. The first time you use it you will notice the difference...well that is if you have used other rotary's. I love how the Metabo feels in my hands, so confortable...no pressure points...oh and no vibration YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Okay the pads, I agree with orngez. Just get your self the addaptor for the rotary and your set. I got some Lake Country pads and I just purchased the rotary backing plate (the appropriate size too) and I use them on the rotary too. I'm going to try and get a buch of the old style of Lake Country pads before they are gone...cant have enough pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Hey congrats on the Metabo purchase, you'll enjoy it. The first time you use it you will notice the difference...well that is if you have used other rotary's. I love how the Metabo feels in my hands, so confortable...no pressure points...oh and no vibration YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Okay the pads, I agree with orngez. Just get your self the addaptor for the rotary and your set. I got some Lake Country pads and I just purchased the rotary backing plate (the appropriate size too) and I use them on the rotary too. I'm going to try and get a buch of the old style of Lake Country pads before they are gone...cant have enough pads.
    Let us know which pads you like better.

Post Thanks / Like
    cant have enough pads.
    Nica, it sound like you have PMS (Pad Maniac Syndrome). You better get some more pads.
    Last edited by Gary Sword; 04-26-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    Nica, it sound like you have PMS (Pad Maniac Syndrome). You better get some more pads.

hahahaha oh that is good hahahaha...yup I got PMS hahahahaa..spark you better add that one to the list hahahahaha...

oh and yup I'm getting more pads...just to get me by..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nica I think you steered me in the Metabo Direction. I think if I am ever in Calgary I should hook up with you. Congrats on your Cyclo! Same holds true in Detoit area for you.Maybe I can show you some virtual reality in the automotive sector. I am looking forward to using it. So let me get this straight, a adapter and an a backing plate for the non Edge pads? Maybe I should consider some LC pads also? I appreciate you and Orngez alot!
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koibybrian
    Thanks Nica I think you steered me in the Metabo Direction. I think if I am ever in Calgary I should hook up with you. Congrats on your Cyclo! Same holds true in Detoit area for you.Maybe I can show you some virtual reality in the automotive sector. I am looking forward to using it. So let me get this straight, a adapter and an a backing plate for the non Edge pads? Maybe I should consider some LC pads also? I appreciate you and Orngez alot!
    Oh you bet bro...if your ever in Calgary let me know and mi garage es su garage hahahaha...thanks for the invite.

Yup, you got it about the adapter and the backing plate I would get it just as a back up. I like the LC pads and on sale. I'm getting some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nica we may need to see some pad pics. Killr showed us his MF pics and they were beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast