autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Cleaning

we just wash our in the clothes washer with cheap detergent (like not $15 Tide) and used the liquid softener just like you would your clothes. then dry them in the clothes dryer with a couple dryer softening sheets. they come out extremely clean, pretty much like new (some of them exactly as new, as long as you havent used them with dressing or grease or tar etc... never had any problem with them scratching or streaking at all. and some of mine have been washed hundreds of times cause we wash them nearly everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    Is BF safe to use in a HE washing machine. It's the only one that doesn't say it in the description..
    Yes it is. It is low foaming, unless you use alot. You can always throw in a extra rinse cycle
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baknforth101 View Post
    we just wash our in the clothes washer with cheap detergent (like not $15 Tide) and used the liquid softener just like you would your clothes. then dry them in the clothes dryer with a couple dryer softening sheets. they come out extremely clean, pretty much like new (some of them exactly as new, as long as you havent used them with dressing or grease or tar etc... never had any problem with them scratching or streaking at all. and some of mine have been washed hundreds of times cause we wash them nearly everyday.
    Wait what.....

Do they still absorb water?
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Yes it is. It is low foaming, unless you use alot. You can always throw in a extra rinse cycle
    Great. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

For very soiled MF towels I will hand wash in the sink with a little detergent. I think this step is crucial to to both preclean and to avoid cross contamination when I throw it in the machine.

After that they go in the machine with only MF towels and some MF cleaner (i've used Griots and CG and they both work fine)

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

big bull: they still work very well at absorbing water. BUT- we dont really use MF's for anything like that . we use chamois to dry the car and chamois to clean the interior, mainly cause they are already wet so when you hit the dash/door panles/console with the cleaner, the chamois does a great job of cleaning it. just rinse it out often. I started doing that years ago one day when I didnt have any clean rags and ive done it ever since. i like it a lot better plus there is no left over lint/dust to deal with. but, i think im the only person ive ever seen do this, lol. but it works well. we really just use MF's for wax removal, glass, door jambs, but nothing super dirty. I let the chamois do the dirty work. we have all sorts of chamois for each type of job. clean ones for outside all the way to nasty ones for pre-cleaning door jambs (again - no lint left behind).

Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful using the wash machine for very soiled or oily towels, it'll leave a ring at the water level, if you do a load or regular clothes it'll transfer to them. Don't ask how I found this out.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

haha, yeah I wash them at the shop and of course we have a designated washer and dryer for shop use. we gave up on the ring thing a long time ago. when you wash nasty rags and towels all day every day, the washer gets ugly really quick. but no, dont wash them at home, or least dont let her know about it :-) buy plenty of rags to last a while then take them to the laundry mat instead.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried any dedicated MF detergent yet, only Charlie's Soap. So far it hasn't let us down. Excellent for spot removal also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    VT, on that link they have that green MF applicator. I have the same and they looked the same. I used BF MF wash ~ 3 to 4 oz and it did not come out clean, not even close

Any recommendations?

If you look closely at the photos, the mf's are indeed clean, and from my viewpoint, they are stained as well. Take a mop for instance. It spends it's worklife in a solution of cleaning agents. If it is lucky, it may get a rinse before being hung out to dry. After many uses it will become stained, grey, and stiff. Yet it still performs as expected.

My first post pretty well answers your dilema.

You guys are enthusiasts. You purchase and enjoy multiple products of every caliber. The only wax that I employ is OCW. I don't buy, nor use mf applicators. Not even for OOS application. I don't value my mf's. They are tools that are well maintained, yet sorted by condition for particular use.

baknforth101 is a business owner that employs a staff of employees. He knows what works for his business. His regimine is that of a production shop. Quick, simple, cost efficient, and effective.

Nothing written in these few sentences is meant as derogatory. I hope that no one takes offense. Just stating what I see.
    I'm just a saddle tramp that details for income.

Happy detailing...
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast