autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Cleaning

I use CG MF cleaner in the washing machine and wash normally using hot water. Dry using low heat and your good to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne View Post
    I use CG MF cleaner in the washing machine and wash normally using hot water. Dry using low heat and your good to go
    Do you use any kind of detergent with the CG cleaner? I have this product and I am not home right now to check to see if the instructions say use alone or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baknforth101 View Post
    we just wash our in the clothes washer with cheap detergent (like not $15 Tide) and used the liquid softener just like you would your clothes. then dry them in the clothes dryer with a couple dryer softening sheets. they come out extremely clean, pretty much like new (some of them exactly as new, as long as you havent used them with dressing or grease or tar etc... never had any problem with them scratching or streaking at all. and some of mine have been washed hundreds of times cause we wash them nearly everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by baknforth101 View Post
    big bull: they still work very well at absorbing water. BUT- we dont really use MF's for anything like that . we use chamois to dry the car and chamois to clean the interior, mainly cause they are already wet so when you hit the dash/door panles/console with the cleaner, the chamois does a great job of cleaning it. just rinse it out often. I started doing that years ago one day when I didnt have any clean rags and ive done it ever since. i like it a lot better plus there is no left over lint/dust to deal with. but, i think im the only person ive ever seen do this, lol. but it works well. we really just use MF's for wax removal, glass, door jambs, but nothing super dirty. I let the chamois do the dirty work. we have all sorts of chamois for each type of job. clean ones for outside all the way to nasty ones for pre-cleaning door jambs (again - no lint left behind).
    If you wash your MF's like that, I am pretty sure they are ruined - MF producers (all of them) don't issue the "softener alert" for nothing. Are they still a cloth and hold water? Sure. Do they act as MF's? Sure not.
    Chamois: if you leave some kind of impurity on the paint, the chamois will definitely scratch your paint - it simply doesn't have the ability that MF's (regular, or WW) have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123