autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OPC for interiors

What dilution ratio is everyone using in their interiors? I know the label says 3:1 but I think that night be too concentrated

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OPC for interiors

Quote Originally Posted by Success View Post
    What dilution ratio is everyone using in their interiors? I know the label says 3:1 but I think that night be too concentrated
    A lot of people use Power Clean at 10:1 with great results.

If you use it 3:1 or full strength, it's not a bad idea to wipe the area with a damp microfiber towel after cleaning. This will ensure no residue remains.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been using OPC for about a year, so I'm certainly not an expert. I have been following some threads on the Optimum Forum and there are varying opinions. Some use as high as 10:1 and claim it's effective at that dilution. Personally, I use Opti-Clean as my interior maintenance product (kinda like Meg's QID), since it leaves some protection on the surface and use 4:1 OPC for areas that need it.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Billyjack: what dilution do you use for the interior? 10:1? I used to use Meg's QID but bought a gal of opc recently

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I use both Opti Clean (OOC) and OPC at 4:1. If you have a gallon of OPC on hand, why not try mixing up a small trial bottle at 8:1 to 10:1 and see how it works for you?
    As I stated earlier, I use OOC as my regular interior detailer and revert to a spritz of OPC if I need more cleaning power. OPC is almost 3X the cost of Meguiar's APC, so if I'm doing an entire dirty interior, I'll use the Meg's APC on plastic and vinyl surfaces, but OPC on all the leather.
    Chris@Optimum, our resident Optimum guru, recommends following a strong OPC mix with a damp MF, just so there's no film remaining on the surface, a step not necessary with the weaker mixes.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Currently I use both Opti Clean (OOC) and OPC at 4:1. If you have a gallon of OPC on hand, why not try mixing up a small trial bottle at 8:1 to 10:1 and see how it works for you?
    As I stated earlier, I use OOC as my regular interior detailer and revert to a spritz of OPC if I need more cleaning power. OPC is almost 3X the cost of Meguiar's APC, so if I'm doing an entire dirty interior, I'll use the Meg's APC on plastic and vinyl surfaces, but OPC on all the leather.
    Chris@Optimum, our resident Optimum guru, recommends following a strong OPC mix with a damp MF, just so there's no film remaining on the surface, a step not necessary with the weaker mixes.

Bill
    Do you use the new OPC or old one?
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using opc for about 2 years now. Interior cleaning I use it at 5:1 for most jobs. Heavily soiled interiors I'll use it at 3:1. Works great and really cuts through grime and body oils easily. Plus is safer than a lot of other APCs out there when it comes to leather.

For light cleaning or maintenance details you can get away with it at 8:1 or 10:1. I see a decent amount of neglected interiors so the norm for me is 5:1 or 3:1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I have been using opc for about 2 years now. Interior cleaning I use it at 5:1 for most jobs. Heavily soiled interiors I'll use it at 3:1. Works great and really cuts through grime and body oils easily. Plus is safer than a lot of other APCs out there when it comes to leather.

For light cleaning or maintenance details you can get away with it at 8:1 or 10:1. I see a decent amount of neglected interiors so the norm for me is 5:1 or 3:1.
    I just ordered a bunch of spray bottles for this reason. It's makes no sense of using a stronger solution that necessary. By diluting it as Jason and others have indicated you fine tune the solution for specific tasks and increase the economics of the product. If you find that a 10:1 solution isn't strong enough then try one diluted at 6:1 and see if does the trick....

Least aggressive first also applies to cleaners.....

A handy calculator that everyone should bookmark......

Enviro-One Dilution Calculator

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea. I got the small sprayer of OPC and recently ordered 3x 16oz bottles with sprayers from Chemical Guys (a thread here suggested them as the ultimate sprayer). They screwed up the order and sent me 32oz bottles somehow. They apologized and reshipped the right bottles with sprayers and didn't want the 32oz back. And then the next day I got another "replacement" shipment of 16oz bottles. They didn't want anything back so my order of 3 bottles turned into 9.

You guys just solved my "what the heck do I do with all these bottles" dilemma.

The answer is: see if you can clean up a severely neglected 1998 honda civic with varying ratios of power clean and opti-clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Do you use the new OPC or old one?
    It's almost a year old, so I think it's the old formula.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast