autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber vs cotton

Is it just me, or does cotton absorb moisture better than microfiber? I know that if you take a 500g microfiber towel and a 500g cotton towel and submerge both in water, the microfiber towel will absorb more water, but I'm talking about when you're using a towel for something like cleaning windows. It seems like the cotton instantly sucks up every bit of moisture, and the microfiber tends to push the water around, and I really have to work to make the microfiber absorb the water. I've read that microfiber will actually absorb better if you slightly mist it with water first, but when cleaning glass, the key to finishing streak free is to remove every bit of moisture, so using a slightly damp microfiber seems like it would be counter productive?

Old sig- My GG can beat up your PC
    New sig- Well, it's still got a lifetime warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc11291 View Post
    Is it just me, or does cotton absorb moisture better than microfiber? I know that if you take a 500g microfiber towel and a 500g cotton towel and submerge both in water, the microfiber towel will absorb more water, but I'm talking about when you're using a towel for something like cleaning windows. It seems like the cotton instantly sucks up every bit of moisture, and the microfiber tends to push the water around, and I really have to work to make the microfiber absorb the water. I've read that microfiber will actually absorb better if you slightly mist it with water first, but when cleaning glass, the key to finishing streak free is to remove every bit of moisture, so using a slightly damp microfiber seems like it would be counter productive?

I use blue medical towels (cotton) on my glass. They work great. I've used microfiber on glass and they also work well but the med towels work better.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber vs cotton

This is true but only with regular microfiber towels? Microfiber glass only towels (flat fibers) work great? But I also use the good old fashioned 100%cot baby diapers only after a couple of washes so they DON'T lint
    Gotta have S.W.A.G = Scientific Wild Azz Guess!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber vs cotton

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyrango212 View Post
    This is true but only with regular microfiber towels? Microfiber glass only towels (flat fibers) work great? But I also use the good old fashioned 100%cot baby diapers only after a couple of washes so they DON'T lint
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the new CG cotton/MF hybrid towels. A-1.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.