autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your opinion on which covercraft cover to buy.

I have read some of the older threads and would like your opinion. I don't like the idea of using a car cover but under the circumstances I think its necessary. This is for a garage queen that is/ will be spotless before the cover is put on.

The formfit sounds like a great cover, but I worry about "stretching" it over the surface and how much dust can get through the cover and possibly embed in the fabric, and cause marring.

The dustop also sounds like a very nice cover that simply drapes over the car.

I want to use the safest cover as to not marr the finish.

The circumstance.. The car is stored in a detached year round climate controled garage / man cave we use for parties hanging out and such, the kids use a fogger for dances down stairs and I don't want that mist getting on the car. Also if its a guys hang out people may smoke a cigar or cigarette. The car is about 40' from the area people hang out so I am not worried about contact damage, only dust and other air contamination. I would drape 1mil poly over the cover during the parties so the cover doesn't become contaminated with fog moisture and smoke.

Thanks for you help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your opinion on which covercraft cover to buy.

I have used formfit covers on two different cars for years, and never had any problem with dust getting through or any marring/scratching. I do always make sure the car is clean before covering it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noah or Weathercraft will be great for keeping out the dust. You can also use them outdoor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GS2011 View Post
    I have used formfit covers on two different cars for years, and never had any problem with dust getting through or any marring/scratching. I do always make sure the car is clean before covering it.
    Thank You,
    It really tough to decide not seeing the actual covers.

Reading a review from other sources just dont carry the same weight as autogeek forum members. I know that autogeek members are fanatic about the products they use. Members really understand the time it takes to achieve a show finish and once your there you don't want to induce marring and scratching. I also like buying from autogeek because I believe they wouldn't sell a product they didn't believe in.

Post Thanks / Like
    After years of using an off the shelf cover to keep the dust off my garage queen, I finally bought a formfit "dustop" from cover craft a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. It's made for your vehicle, it's super soft, and will never scratch. Just be sure to always put it on a clean car as you said that's how you'll be doing it and you won't have any issues with marring or scratching. I've always put it on only when the car is freshly washed. Besides, what's the point in covering a dirty car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry11 View Post
    After years of using an off the shelf cover to keep the dust off my garage queen, I finally bought a formfit "dustop" from cover craft a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. It's made for your vehicle, it's super soft, and will never scratch. Just be sure to always put it on a clean car as you said that's how you'll be doing it and you won't have any issues with marring or scratching. I've always put it on only when the car is freshly washed. Besides, what's the point in covering a dirty car?
    Which do you use the the formfit OR dustop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecrissman View Post
    Which do you use the the formfit OR dustop?
    It's a custom fit dustop, so it stretches over my car, has the covers for my mirrors etc. The off the shelf one was fine for keeping dust off, but when I'd open the garage the wind would blow in and blow the cover up and what not, so I broke down and paid for the custom fit covercraft and I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a custom fit dustop, so it stretches over my car, has the covers for my mirrors etc. The off the shelf one was fine for keeping dust off, but when I'd open the garage the wind would blow in and blow the cover up and what not, so I broke down and paid for the custom fit covercraft and I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry11 View Post
    Oh ok, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a photo of one like mine:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast