I have these small cracks (best way I can describe them) in the paint on the hood of my truck. Its a 2007 Silverado in the Onyx Black. I can't remember how long they've been there exactly but since compounding and polishing they really stand out now. I've gone over them with 105/205 and like I said, they only stand out more. I can definitely feel them though they don't stand out enough to more than just barely catch a nail. If there were just the small straight ones (each 5/16" to 7/16" long) I'd say they were the result of some sort of scratching but there are two of them that are like bird's feet.

I'm concerned they would let moisture in and cause failure. They don't really seem like scratches to be touched up since they almost seem to pop outwards. I'm hesitant to paint and sand them until I know what they are.

In the other picture you can sort of see how bad the solvent pop is across the hood. The hood is the only place that has it. I'm kind of wondering if the hood sustained damage in transport or at the dealer before I bought it (bought it new) and had a repaint. Wondering if the cracks could be related to some sort of delamination or just impacts to the paint.