autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say something about Menzerna Products--I'll be quick!!

So I've been using Menzerna for about 2 or so months now and the stuff is absolutely amazing!! Blows meguiars out of the water- no comparison!

I have used SF 4000 which excellent for getting that last kick before sealant.

SI1500 cant be beat!! I will take an orange pad with SI and get amazing correction and finishes off phenomenal!!(Most cars)

I've used the 2500 and its great too just doesnt give tons of correction but gives a great deep shine.

Power gloss cuts like a champ and finishes off really nice! I did a boat recently and used a wool pad with PG and it cut the oxidation and finished nice enough the owner didn't want a second step! I am in the process of doing my van right now and used power gloss in certain sections and there is still lots of gloss on the paint even with yellow LC pad!

Here is just a pic of the hood after compounding with PG and a yellow pad

Post Thanks / Like
    I also started using Menzerna Power Gloss, 2500 and 4500 and I have had great results. There is plenty of correction and cutting with 2500. I use it with wool pad on my rotary or with cutting pad on rotary. I hear 1500 is great I will give that a try soon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just want to say something about Menzerna Products--I'll be quick!!

I recently did a 07 red grand am and I used a white LC pad with 1500 and I couldn't believe how much gloss it had and the depth! I used CG 3x sealant

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are using 1500 as a one step process? Are you using a rotary or D.A.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umana2482 View Post
    So you are using 1500 as a one step process? Are you using a rotary or D.A.?

DA if I'm doing a one step. I doing my van now and I'm doing it all with a rotary. I'm using a yellow for PG, Orange with 1500 and black with 4000

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna is great and all, but it's retarded to say it blows Meguiars out of the water...ever tried D300, M105, M101 etc? Menzerna is great on ceramic clears, but it can be a pain in the ass to use on other types of paints, and a total waste of time on some harder paints.

Mike Phillips

Actually, having worked with Meguiar's products since the 1970's when I first got into car detailing as a high school kid, then later working for Meguiar's as a Trainer, Writer and Instructor, they make very good products all around.

Since leaving Meguiar's and coming to Autogeek and using a plethora of different brands and I find Menzerna to have excellent products too, at least based upon my first-hand user experience from over 30 years now from working in this industry.

Most reputable brand names, like Meguiar's and Menzerna make exceptional products and our job is spending time learning their characteristics and then choosing the right product for the right job and then using the product to its maximum potential.

Becoming an expert with any product line only comes from experience with the products and that comes from time spent with them on multiple different paint systems and in multiple environments with a variety of tools and pads.

By the way, anytime I type "paint systems" that's my way of saying vehicles because vehicles come with very specific paint systems, whether it's the factory paint or a re-paint, it's still specific and different from the next car unless the next car is the exact same make, model and year. And even then, it could have a different paint system.

Mike Phillips

Here's an example of what M101 Foam-Cut Compound can do with multiple tools, pads and yes, even people with a wide range of experience and skill.

M101 Foam Cut Compound - 1999 Trans Am Extreme Makeover at Autogeek

The Makita BO6040 with a Surbuf MicroFinger Pad and the Flex 3401 with a Lake Country Ultra Microfiber Pad with Meguiar's M101 Foam-Cut Compound.

John with the Cyclo with foam cutting pads...

Jeff with the G110v2 DA Polisher

Jeff with the 3" DA Polisher and a 3" Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Disc

DeWALT 849X with a Meguiar's very aggressive foam cutting pad...

3M Orbital Air Sander and a Meguiar's 6" Microfiber Cutting Disk

And here's an example of what Menzerna polishes can do....

In this example I'm using a 5.5" Lake Country Blue Foam Finishing Pad on a Flexible Backing Plate on a Flex PE14 Rotary Buffer.

You can use larger pads and backing plates on full size rotary buffers as long as the pads are soft foam finishing pads and you keep your RPM's at a low speed.

The paint should already be polished using a fine cut polish before switching to an "Ultra Fine Cut Polish" like the Menzerna SF 4500.

Also be sure to work surgically clean, that means before jeweling you want to make sure all previous compound and polish residues are removed off the surface and out of the cracks and crevices.

I did this in one take using my iPhone.

How to Jewel Paint using a Rotary Buffer

Pick your poison and become an expert with it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Menzerna is great and all, but it's retarded to say it blows Meguiars out of the water...ever tried D300, M105, M101 etc? Menzerna is great on ceramic clears, but it can be a pain in the ass to use on other types of paints, and a total waste of time on some harder paints.
    Yes, I've used all of those except 101... I didn't think 101 was available in the us...

105, I don't like and 300 and didn't care for. We all have our opinions and I like Menzerna over meguiars...personal opinion.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post

We all have our opinions and I like Menzerna over meguiars...personal opinion.

And that's perfectly fine.

One thing we all need to remember is just the fact that we're all hanging out on a DETAILING discussion forum means we actually all have more in common than we have differences...

Think about it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast