autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Non regretful detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Meguiars Wheel Brightener does very well cleaning wheels and doubles as a mosquito repellent. I sprayed my legs when I was just out cleaning my wheels and the mosquitos stayed away
    Please tell me this is a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Griot's Garage PFM drying towel. Believe the hype! It swallows up water,and doesn't leave streaks! Well worth the money.
    Just last night I washed my car and the first pass just to dry and get most of the water out I use a Cobra WW but then I go behind it with a PFM and that towel is amazing. It soaks up so much water and doesn't get all wet and drips all over the place like the Cobra does. Honestly I still use the Cobra just because it's expensive and I don't want to waste that money but the PFM is so much better. I also really like the glass version of the PFM. Better than any other glass towel I have tried.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke.
    No joke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No joke.

Dude...

Post Thanks / Like

No joke.
    Megs Wheel Brightener has ammonium bifluoride in it (ABF). This is extremely toxic stuff that should never come in contact with your skin or be inhaled. Too often I see people write "I used xyz and I feel fine, so it's ok."

Feeling like crap or seeing a reaction on your skin are not always associated with toxicity. ABF will go though your skin and cause organ and skeletal issues that may be asymptomatic. Please be careful with this stuff. I have chosen to not have it at my house.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. After the mosquito issue, I bought a repellent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Megs Wheel Brightener has ammonium bifluoride in it (ABF). This is extremely toxic stuff that should never come in contact with your skin or be inhaled. Too often I see people write "I used xyz and I feel fine, so it's ok."

Feeling like crap or seeing a reaction on your skin are not always associated with toxicity. ABF will go though your skin and cause organ and skeletal issues that may be asymptomatic. Please be careful with this stuff. I have chosen to not have it at my house.
    Yes, I agree 100%. To anyone else who reads this in the future, pretty, pretty please don't willingly get a product with ammonium bifluoride on your skin. The same goes for sulfuric acid. Always use proper personal protection such as long rubber gloves, goggles, an appropriate mask, and other items to keep away corrosive chemicals from your body.

Take a look at this informative article.

http://www.komfg.com/files/2012/02/ABF_HF1.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Just last night I washed my car and the first pass just to dry and get most of the water out I use a Cobra WW but then I go behind it with a PFM and that towel is amazing. It soaks up so much water and doesn't get all wet and drips all over the place like the Cobra does. Honestly I still use the Cobra just because it's expensive and I don't want to waste that money but the PFM is so much better. I also really like the glass version of the PFM. Better than any other glass towel I have tried.
    It is all that and a bag of chips. I told my wife I wanted another one for my birthday. I'm gonna pick up a couple of the smaller ones too. I used it to dry after doing a rinseless wash today. It didn't even streak on glass! Love this towel!!
    \

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    It is all that and a bag of chips. I told my wife I wanted another one for my birthday. I'm gonna pick up a couple of the smaller ones too. I used it to dry after doing a rinseless wash today. It didn't even streak on glass! Love this towel!!
    \

Post Thanks / Like

I think the pfm is over rated. For me, The best towel I've found is the 70/30 waffle weaves from trc. When I dry my car with them they feel like silk going over the paint. Absolutely zero friction. Thats my opinion andI have and have tried every popular towel out there right now

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast